Chapter 7

Out of nowhere Ace comes inside the room, looking around for something, more like someone.

He sighs and his eyes relax when they land on Luna. "Don't you disappear on me like that cupcake" he says. I look at her looking at me, she blushes at the nickname. She's very shy.

"Uncle Willy" she says. I almost laughed, almost. I didn't because I knew boss would break my arm. "Uncle Willy huh?" I say raising my eyebrow playfully at him, "don't push it Diaz" he says back. I throw my hands up in surrender and I leave the shooting range, pausing to look back at the beauty behind me. She smiles and waves me off, I simple nodded.

I walked back to the bar to get a drink. God I needed a scotch. I sat on one of the stools and ordered a scotch. When the bartender gave it to me, I swallowed the whole thing down. "What's bothering you son?" I heard my father come from beside me.

I look at him with my eyes narrowed, "what happened to her?" I asked. His face is flushed with confusion, but quickly fades away when he realizes who I'm talking about. "Oh you mean princess." Who? Wait...he calls her princess. Why?

"Relax...she hates princesses so I call her one to tease her" he explains and somehow a wave of easiness washes over me. "She seems hurt" I say turning around to face him. "What do you mean?" He asks and confusion washes over me. Didn't he raised her along with Ace?

"Her eyes. She looked hurt" I say. The memory of her eyes runs through my mind and I can't help but tense up again. "She has a complicated story" he says and looks down as if he was defeated, "that girl is one precious soul but unfortunately she experienced pain in ways that she shouldn't" he says. I look at my father in his eyes and they're glistening. His crying or about to.

"You care for her?" I say. He nods and wipes his tears, "the day we picked her up from the orphanage, she hugged me and wrapped her little arms around my neck. She asked if I could be her best friend and she just melted my heart." He explains. I see his cheek turn red, my father was one sensitive asshole.

Then I remember what he said, orphanage. She's adopted? On cue my father answered the question that I asked myself. "Ace's brother, Fernando had a one night stand with some white girl named Emily. She ended up pregnant but neither wanted to keep her. Her mother because she chosen drugs over her child and him because he didn't want to get her killed." I stopped breathing for a second.

How can someone not want her?

"Five years later, Ace decided to adopt her. He felt like family shouldn't be away from family. Since he was scared, and I already had you,  I helped him raise her" he finishes saying. I'm still confused, how come I never met her?

"We decided to keep her away from the gang until she was 10" he says. "How come she knows how to shoot and use knives?" I ask. "She was trained just like you were just by someone better" he says.

My training was severe. I've been training since I was 7, to be a little assassin and sneaky motherfucker. The best from ANY gang. "What do you mean someone better?" He laughs and looks at me "the only and only Dragon".

Dragon. Dragon was the best assassin in this world of mafia. He was honestly my protégée. How she ended up being trained by him of all people? "Ace thought it was better for her to learn from the best, so he called him to train her until she was ready to do some jobs. The last few jobs of the Dragon weren't him, they were her" I was stuck.

The dragon is known for being swift. Smart, efficient, quick, slayer, notorious and just the best at his job. His an envy, yet she ended up being better than him.

I have studied his last jobs, I studied criminology in college for the exact purpose. It teaches you the signs but also tells you what clues not to leave behind. Ever since I graduated, I have studied his moves. His last jobs have been incredible, so perfect and efficient. Now I know it wasn't him, it was her.

"Who knew baby girl was such a killer"