Chapter 29

Scarr's POV

"Would you like for me to read it?" she ask in a soft tone.

I look at her momentarily. Times like these is when I admire and cherish Luna's presence the most. She always listen to what others say and she offers help anyway she can. She's truly the light of my life.

"If that's okay with you" I answer and she smiles. I can fall in love with her smile, everything about her is just so goddamn perfect.

She stands up and starts looking around the library, her head comes to a stop and I see her smiling. "Come on, let's go somewhere more private" she says and I stand up, following the little woman in front of me.

We are now at the back of the library, if feels more cozy and like she said, private. She sits down on the floor and I smirk and raise my eyebrow at her, "don't tell me you're too fancy to sit on the floor?" she says and I roll my eyes. I sit next to her, wrapping my right arm around her waist and pulling her closer to me.

She opens the journal and looks up at me in conformation. I inhale deeply and exhaled, nodding at her in response.

"My name is Owen Jeffrey Donald. I am a 50 year old man with black hair, black eyes and I'm 5'8." she starts to read and a smile appears on my face. Somehow, I imagine him writing this and I imagine Luna's voice as his. His husky yet frigid voice.

"I've been battling depression for quite sometime and every day becomes more difficult for me to cope. The students I help at the school I work at are tremendous. They all come to me for advice and all somehow, depend on me. It has helped seeing others heal from their depression, but it all comes crashing down when I realized my depression is still at bay"

I hear Luna sigh and I look down at her, she has a sad expression on her face, but she continues either way...

"I have this one student in particular who I've learned to love as one of my own. Scarr Aston Diaz. He is an exceptional kid. He's one of the smartest in this school, he's respectful....towards woman, and he is wholehearted. That kid has such a rough exterior, yet you look at that sparkle in his eyes and you see pain and sorrow." Luna stops for a second and looks up at me.

"It's the sparkle I saw the first day we met, the reason I touched your scar." she says and I pull her even closer to me as if it was possible. She smiles and hugs me momentarily. I nod for her to continue.

"But it's also a sparkle that let's you see the amazingness of him. He only holds that sparkle when we're together, when he speaks about his family...more specifically his mother. At least the few memories of her.

This kid in many ways, has helped me forget about how sad and miserable I feel. He has made me feel loved and needed. I owe him the little happiness I hold within me. He is everything I didn't have; a son, grandson, a friend, someone to love me and need me. He has given me the little strength I have.

If one day I die and this journal reaches his hands.....Scarr, I hope you're happy. I hope you have found the peace within you, the light that shines through your eyes and the love that I know you're capable of giving and receiving. I love and care for you as my own and I'll be in forever debt with you. Thank you for giving me a reason to stay a bit longer in this world.

Don't ever think it was your fault, that you missed the signs because it isn't and you didn't. You were there for me as much as I was there for you....you helped."

Luna finishes and I feel a finger slide across my cheeks. I open my eyes to see Luna stroking my cheek dry. I was crying. "It wasn't your fault baby" was all she said and I feel more tears scape my eyes. For so long I have blamed myself for the death of this man, I have felt the weight on my shoulders for so long and now it's all lifted. It's gone.

I pull Luna into another kiss, needing her taste, her soft lips on mine. I needed her so much, she made me happy and I felt extremely overwhelmed.

"I love you Luna" I say into the kiss and she lets go. She has a surprise look on her face which then fades and turns into a smile.

"I love you even more Scarr"