Chapter 14

Luna's POV

I ran back to my room as quick as my feet could take me. I don't know why, but I was extremely excited. It's not easy being adventurous.

I decided to wear a grey hoodie, black jeans, all black converse and glasses that I wear when ever I remove my contacts.

I let my hair down and ran back downstairs

I let my hair down and ran back downstairs. "Ready!" I yelled as I met Scarr by the door. He was wearing a similar outfit yet the colors were inversed. He had gray jeans, gray sneakers and a black hoodie. He looked amazing.

He extends his hand and I look at it before grabbing it. He interlaced our fingers together and walked out the door.

"Where are you two going?" I jump as I heard a voice from behind us as Scarr closed the door to the house. "Why is everybody sneaking up on me today?" I whined and Scarr laughs.

It was Robert. "Midnight drive?" he asks and we both nod. I smile shyly as I feel Scarr tightened the grip on my hand and starts to rub circles on the back of my hand with his thumb. "Goodnight Robert" I yell and drag Scarr to the garage.

"Which one is your car?" I asked rubbing my neck and he chuckled. "Black Audi" he says. He walks over to the matte black Audi and I almost cry of happiness. I absolutely love this car and the color just made it sexier. "YES!" I scream and sit on the passenger seat.

"So where are we going?" I ask him once he turns on the car and starts driving out the garage. "It's a surprise" I frown. I don't usually like surprises but for him, I'll let it slide.

"Better not kidnap me or I'll shoot you" I say through my teeth. I hear him chuckled lowly and he grabs my left hand with his right, "I would never get rid of you" he says and winks at me.

We drove for about 20 minutes, it was far away but with the speed that this one was driving in, we made it in 20. I hopped out of the car as well as Scarr and walked to the front of the car.

I was in complete shock. It was absolutely beautiful.

A frosty chill hung in the air. The sweet surrounding scent of the night filled the park with a scent that did not belong on this earth. Leaves from the tall trees lay scattered on the floor; there was a sound like dried cereal as you stepped on them. The dark shadow of the voluminous trees and surrounding bushes had the backbone of the park, standing as passive protectors of a peaceful place. The moon rose in a hurry, blooming into the dark sky with a beautiful white glow.

It was absolutely breathtaking. I looked over at Scarr who was watching me, his eyes glistened under the moon light, making his golden orbs look more yellow than they already do. I smiled at him and he retuned the smile.

He grabbed my hand and he laid down on the grass, I follow his moves and lay down a few inches away from him. "This is amazing Scarr" I commented looking up at the dark night full with stars. "I used to come here with my mother" he admits.

I remember Old Nick telling me about his wife. She died the year I was born in a car crash along with uncle's wife. I cried the whole time he told me the story, it was too much.

"She used to tell me that whenever I felt bored or lonely I should come here and she would be here, laying down with me" he opens up to me and I almost start to cry.

He smiles at the thought of his mother and for once I don't see pain in his eyes, I see love. Love that he had for his mother. "You still remember her?" I asked honestly. He was only two when she died.

"Barely. I remember her words, but I barely remember her face. I only get the memory back when I look at her pictures, the blurred images in my head stop fading when I see her pictures" he explains and a little smile appears on my face.

I lay my head on his chest and start drawing circles on his build body. Okay I didn't think this through. This man was big, huge to say the least and his rock solid chest is comfortable, but it's really hard.

"If it makes you feel any better...you can always look at yourself in the mirror" I started talking and paused to see his reaction. "what?" he asked and I chuckled a bit.

"You look exactly like your mother. When I was little, Old Nick would talk to me about her. He would tell me their love story as a bed time story and showed me pictures of her." I paused for a second to smile at the memory.

"You look exactly like her. You just happen to have your father's eyes. That's why I was able to tell who you were" I finally say. He sighs and wraps one of his arms around my waist and pulls me closer.

"Guess I never thought of that. Gracias preciosa" (thank you beautiful)