Chapter 10

Scarr's POV

Seeing her so sad in the arms of my father awoke something inside me that I never thought I even had. I knew she had an effect on me, but fuck was it strong.

I kept on looking at her from the distance, I couldn't hear shit but the face she was making told me almost everything I already knew.

The moment my father and her walked by me, I grabbed dad's arm. I had to speak with her, somehow sooth her pain. So I did.

When we walked in and she demanded Ace to obey to our orders, my stomach felt uneasy. I felt like something was dancing in there and my breathing became unbearable. It felt amazing hearing her refer to us as a WE, it just seemed right. Like music to my ears.

"We better get started then" I say interrupting their little moment. She smiles at me and grabs boss' hand and runs out the room. "You like her don't you?" my father walks up to me and stops at my side, he smiles at me. "I don't know. I feel stuff, but I can't point them out" I admit.

It's true. I am feeling stuff, but I can't say if I like her. It could be just physical attraction and I'm smarter than using her as a sex toy. Both my father and boss would rip my nuts out.

"That's how it started with your mother" he says before walking away with amusement in his face.

The four of us are now in boss' office. Luna is typing some stuff in a computer, bringing up old files from old missions, ones that she either planned or oversaw.

"Okay this was the biggest mission you guys have had in the last ten years. If this new mission is anything like this one, then we can use some of the strategies from this case" she starts talking and I freeze.

The confidence in her tone, the intelligence that clearly shows and her beauty all combined just makes me nervous. It makes me want to beg for her. It's hard to find a girl who possesses both the beauty and the brains but when you do you're in complete awe and bliss.

"I think that's good. What's the purpose of the mission anyway?" I ask trying my best to match Luna's compromise.

"Two gangs have been after us for a while, I want to eliminate both. Issue is, they are enemies of each other and it's hard to take one down without the other one getting notified." Ace explains and I look at Luna who's had the cutest thinking face I have ever seen.

What the fuck is wrong with me? Did I just say cutest?

"Scarr, here read this" she hands over a file that she picked out from one of the shelves. "The Cold case?" I ask in confusion. "Yeah, it's somewhat similar to what uncle William is saying and the strategy used there, could be used now" I nod at her and start reading the file.

Indeed this can be used. She's so fucking smart. I can't even focus on the task without thinking about how she went from insecure and scared to confident and wise.

"Here it says that we used one of our 'allies', who weren't exactly allies, to take down the other then later we took down the remaining gang" I explain the gist of the files and Luna's face all of a sudden shines under light.

She was smiling, amused with what she's hearing. "You don't get it, do you?" she asks me, her smile immediately turning into a frown. I focus back on the task taking in, again, everything I just said. I smiled when I realized what she was thinking about.

It was honestly a smooth plan.

"We can make one of the gangs believe we want truce with them, but it's just a plan to take them both down." I say and both the boss and my father nod in realization. Those two are dumber than they look.

"How exactly?" my father asks. I turn to Luna who seems to already have the plan out.

"Well instead of doing like you did in the cold case, we can take both out at the same time", "two birds with one stone" I say right after she talked. She smiles and walks over to the computer.

Why the fuck do I find her intelligence so goddamn sexy?

Beautifully scarredOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara