Chapter 47

Ace's POV

7 months later....

Its now March and things have been a little too good. I have always anticipated things would get worse after Scarr and Luna got rid of the Sorentos and Ramirez.

We've dealt with some of the gangs that had alliances with them, but they always backed down once they realized who they're dealing with.

I have been speaking with our party planner about a surprise party for Luna and Scarr. Their birthdays its just in a few days and I want to do something big for them, plus somebody has a special proposal for Luna.

Her and Scarr have been on plenty of dates ever since she was released from the hospital...I'm guessing that my worst nightmare came true...Luna having sex. I know she's not a little girl anymore, but I can't help think back to when I picked her up from the orphanage.

It melts my heart seeing my baby grow. She might not be my daughter, but I damn sure consider her mine. When Scarr asked me for her hand in marriage, I wasn't surprised but I was shook. I mean they've been together for a year now and it's unbelievable how much this two love each other.

They remind me of my wife and Nick and his wife. We were so happy when they were with us. We always put them on top of everything, our main priority. Every member of our mafia loved them and saw them as the queens.

I remember when I proposed. That woman didn't stop crying and looking at her ring for three days straight. It's the one time I can say somebody loved me and then when I got Luna and she told me I love you for the first time, I got happy again.

As happy as I was when my wife was alive.

It has been amazing seeing how much she has progressed and how her and Scarr have grown together. I haven't yet given the mafia over to them, I guess I'm waiting for their marriage. These two have been proving to me that this family of ours would be in great hands.

Their leadership is balanced and it creates perfect harmony in our mafia. Luna's kindness, politeness, empathy and communication, balance out Scarr's arrogance, greed, ambitiousness, coldness. It creates the perfect partnership.

I've seen Scarr change from what he usually is. He thinks more than act, he's more appreciative and he listens more. He's still the notorious leader he is, feared by everyone but with Luna around, he's heart is active and he's more thoughtful.

Luna has changed too. She's more selfish, in a good way, she's more notorious than she was before. She knows when she needs to be a boss and when to be a leader. Even if she thinks before she acts, her actions always overpower her thoughts, they seem more cold than what her thoughts, usually.

They are both perfect, harmonic and overall what we need as leaders.

The house is already done, so we moved the moment it was ready. I was so happy Luna didn't fuck it up. She's a lot like her father, which makes her a lot like me.

To me black is like white is to most people, it goes with everything. Black makes colors come alive, brings drama to a room, has that timeless appeal, and is oh so elegant. She used a touch of black in about every room she designed.

To say I was surprise was an understatement. We all loved it, even Robert. He was more surprised we made the last room for him.

Things in the mob have dial down. Our shipments arrive in one piece, we don't get attacked by anybody and things just run smoothly.

I'm sitting in my office searching for a few places where we can celebrate Luna's and Scarr's birthday. They're both very out-going, always loved nature so I was thinking taking them to a place that screams "mother nature gave birth here."

For now, I have only 3 places. I'll get Nick's and Robert's opinions. Which ever one gets the most votes, wins.

After printing the pictures of each place, I called Robert and Nick down to the office.

In a matter of 5 minutes, they get here and sit down on the chairs in front of my desk. "What's the matter boss?" Robert says and I slide the three pictures over to them. "Pick your favorite" I say and they start to study the pictures.

Once they studied the images, they all point at the same image. It's exactly the one I had in mine.

"What is this for?" Robert asks

"What is this for?" Robert asks. I crumbled the papers of the other places and throw them in the trash can next to me.

"Luna's and Scarr's birthday and Scarr's proposals" I answer. "Where is this again?" Nick asks and I smile.

"Lago Di Braies, Italy"