Chapter 5 - Airport battle

---

"We gotta go. That guy's probably in Siberia by now." Bucky said over the comms system.

"We gotta draw out the flyers. I'll take Vision. You get to the jet." As Steve had been talking Vision had shot at me several times with his mind stone. I was just barely avoiding being scorched.

"No, you get to the jet! Both of you! The rest of us aren't getting out of here." Sam said as Vis landed in front of me. A hard glare on his face.

"I've got Vis." I said stretching out my hands again, a ball of purple magic floating in between them. Vis somehow phased through my magic, phased through me then managed to get me in a chockhold. I started coughing as he tightened his arms around my neck.

"As much as I hate to admit it, if we're gonna win this one, some of us might have to loss it." Clint said over comms. I tried elbowing Vis' stomach but it just phased through him.

"This isn't the real fight, Steve." I heard Sam say as the world around me started to fade to black. I feel somewhat limp in Vis' arms, my only hope was that he wouldn't kill me.

I collapsed to the ground gasping and coughing, begging for air to reenter my lungs. Slowly my eyes peeled open to see Vis standing in front of me. He hovered off of the ground, looking down on me.

"Stay here, Y/n." Vis said as he hovered in the air. "It's for your own good." He turned and floated off leaving me a mess on the ground. I grabbed onto my neck lightly wincing as I ran my finger over the obvious bruises that were going to appear.

Suddenly Scott was a towering giant who had a hold on Rhodeys leg. Over in the distance I heard the kid in the spandex yell 'holy shit!' Scott was laughing up a storm, sounding extremely pround and impressed with himself.

"I guess that's the signal." Steve said over the comms as I placed my hand firm against the pavement. I pushed myself off of the ground and stood up tiredly smiling at Scott's achievement.

"Way to go, Tic Tac!" Sam yelled.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Steve and Bucky take off towards the hanger where the quinjet was. But the guy in the cat suit chased after them. I quickly sped after them and tackling him to the ground. I got off of him and stood in between him and the quinjet, so he couldn't get to him.

I gulped slightly as he ejected claws out of his suit. He charged at me, he wasn't afraid to slash my eye out. Like I did with the other kid I powered up my hands and moved his claws out of the way of my face each time he swung them at me. I was doing well avoiding his claws and distracting him from Steve and Bucky when his claw connected with my eyebrow.

I fell to the ground feeling a small amount of blood seeping out of my eyebrow. He started to sprint at towards the hanger but I grabbed onto his foot before he could get to far. He jumped making me lose grip on his foot. He rolled before getting back onto his feet an ran towards the hanger. He jumped over a few boxes but Scott stood in his way.

"You wanna get to them... you gotta go through me." He said before sweeping his leg, destroying the boxes that the cat suit dude was standing on. I sighed knowing that he couldn't get to them. Resting my head back on the pavement, I brought my hand up to my eyebrow, touching it gently before pulling my hand back. Red crimson liquid ran down my two fingers, I groaned internally, that's gonna hurt.