Chapter 9 - Bringing down Vulture

---

I watched Peter attach his webbing to Toomes' wing suit. Both of them taking off into the sky. I ran my hands threw my hair and sighed. I really should be helping... I glanced down at the metal bands wrapped around my wrists.

Scrunching my eyebrows together I held my hands in front of me. My eyes sealed shut as I focused all my energy down into my hands. I'm no use if I don't have my powers... I slowly peeled my eyes opened and glared at my hands. Come on! My hands started to strain. All of my vain, bones and muscles in my hands becoming extremely prominent.

Suddenly power shot into my hand. Both of them being enveloped by my purple hue. I huffed out a laugh of relief. Then I noticed the sparks emitting from my bracelets. I sighed and let my powers drift back away, the sparks leaving at the same time.

"Alright. Let's go kick some ass." I said to myself before quickly boosting myself up out of the destroyed building. I landed on a nearby billboard and scanned the sky for the plane. I couldn't see it anywhere, it really didn't appear to be on course at all otherwise I would've easily found it. I boosted myself up into the sky trying to get a better look around. In the very far distance I saw a glowing orange thing falling onto the beach.

I scrunched up my eyebrows and tilted my head to the side as I watched it crash down into the sand. I landed on the ground with a thud and swiftly sped off towards the beach.

After what felt like a century but was probably a minute tops. I saw Peter and Vulture fighting up in the sky. I watched Toomes cut the strand of webbing that was attached to his wing suit. Peter fell back down to the ground Vulture landed back on the ground, his claws digging into Peter's chest. My eyes widened, as fast as I could I sped over to them and charged up my hands as Vulture slammed Peter into the ground. I shot my burst of magic out of my hands at the giant bird.

He fell backwards a little so I sped in between him and Peter. I took a small glance at Peter behind me to see he was out cold. I heard Vulture let out a pissed off groan making me spin back around. Before he charged back at us. As soon as he reached us I put up a force field and deflected him away. I spun back around to face now peter and Vulture.

"Peter?!" I yelled frantically, tapping his foot with mine. "Peter, please be okay." I mumbled kneeling down next to his head. I easily made a shield around us just in case. I shook his shoulder a little to try and wake him up. He didn't move except for the movement that I caused by shaking him.

"Bingo." I heard Vulture say. I looked up at him and watched as he took his helmet off. He glitchily hovered over us both and to a create of arc reactors that was opened. He grabbed it with his talons and tried to take off with it. Sparks raining down off of his suit. My eyes instantly widening at the sight.

"No, no, no, that's gonna explode." I mumbled out, letting the shield down. Scrambling to my feet I took hold of the crate and tried to pry it away from him. He turned around due to the sudden drag.

"It's time to go home." He told me making me frown my brows at him.

"No, you don't understand. It's gonna explode!" I yelled after him. A sudden spark from my own bracelets ran up my arm causing me to fall to the ground. I clutched onto my arm as it stung violently.

Vultures wing suit started to spark and roar up a storm. I quickly covered both myself and Peter at the same time. I heard Vulture fall unevenly to the ground followed by the noise of an explosion.