Chapter 1 - Breath

---

Inhaling deeply, my eyes glided open. I let out the air shakily as I scanned the surroundings. I was sat down on a rock on Titan. That's when the flashs of Peter dying took over my brain. I groaned, squeezing my eyes shut as I pushed my balled hands to my forehead. 'Wait... I died too, how am I back?' I asked myself looking back out in front of me.

"Tony?" I called out into the open space. Pushing myself up I stumbled forwards into the middle of the cleared area. "Tony?" I yelled out a tad more desperately. When I didn't get a reply yet again I knew I was all alone, trapped on an alien planet. Solemnly I looked down to my boots, tears beginning to prickle in my eyes.

"I'm sorry." Peter's last words echoed through my brain. I quickly jerked my head to the side in hopes to get rid of the thoughts. But it did nothing. The next thing that flashed in my mind was my hand falling back down on my face after his was no longer there.

"Y/n?" I heard from behind me making my head shoot up. That voice wasn't in my head and it was Peter's... "What happened?" I spun around on my heels to see Peter sitting up rubbing the side of his head.

"P..." Was all I could manage to get out as my face scrunched up to try and prevent me from crying. "Pete?" I mumbled out as tears started to trickle down my face. "You..." Carefully I stumbled towards him. He frowned deeply as I crumpled down onto my knees in front of him.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asked bringing his hands up to cup my cheeks. His touch made me cry even more, his hands were intact again, I could feel his slightly calloused fingertips against my skin.

"You..." I croaked out, bringing my hand up and latching it onto his wrist. My fingers pressed lightly into the inside of his wrist, looking for his pulse. When a beat hit my fingers I let out a harsh pent up breath, his heart was beating. He nodded for me to continue while he whiped away some of my tears with the pads of his fingers. "You died." I crocked out, my fingers still pressing into his wrist. I watched his face go slack, he turned a sickly pale as his eyes flicked between mine.

"What?"

"I watched you die, right in front of me. And... And I did nothing." My head dropped down to face the floor, both of our hands slipping off of each other. More tears leaked out of my eyes as I stared at the orangey dirt below us. "Please... Please tell me your real." I choked out looking back up to meet his eyes.

"I'm real." He reassured me quietly, bringing his hands up to cup both of my cheeks again.

"Are you sure? This isn't just some horrible delusion. Cause if it is... it's a really accurate one." I mumbled out, cracking a pained smile at the end. It would be just like my scrambled brain to imagine all of this and then I'd wake up all alone on this floating rock.

"I'm sure." He said before bringing his lips down on mine. Neither of us even moved our lips we just left them delicately press together. "I'm back, it's okay." He mumbled pulling away ever so slightly, his lips still brushing against mine as he talked.

Slowly I pulled away from him before quickly crashing myself into his arms, which wrapped around me securely in return. My hands snaked under his arms and ended up on his shoulders, gripping tightly to his nanotech suit. He buried his head into my neck as I did the same to him, so we were as close as we could possibly be. My shoulder started to get wet with his silent tears making me let more tears loose myself. I drifted my eyes closed as I soaked him in, his scent, what it was like to hold him without him evaporating, everything about him.