Chapter 13

Chases pov
It's been three weeks since the incident with our Dad. We were doing fine, to be honest. We were sad obviously but we are good now. It's Ellie's birthday today and it's currently 7am. I woke up early because I was going to pick Milo up, the dog I'm surprising her with. I'm also surprising Mads. Rudy was coming with me to pick him up so I quickly and quietly got dressed so I didn't wake Madelyn up and walked to Rudy's apartment. Then we drove to go pick Milo up.

The rest of the cast and the Pate's were coming over for her birthday - they all knew about the dog but sworn to not say anything. They would already be there hopefully by the time we picked Milo up, which was over an hours drive away.

We have been on the road for just over an hour, so it was after 9am. I got a phone call from Madelyn.

M - Madelyn  C - Chase
M - where are you?
C - I'm safe don't worry, but I can't tell you.
M- what, why?
C- look I'm not telling you. I'm with Rudy. We will be back in two hours. Love you, bye.

"That wasn't suspicious at all, well done" Rudy says laughing. "I was scared I would break the news to her" I tell him. "Do you think they'll be excited?" He asks. I nod, "for sure, they've both been begging for a dog but I said wait until we move back to LA" i say.

We pull up to the place and get Milo. "Hi, Milo. Your mom and sister are gonna love you so much" he says. He was so happy and wouldn't stop licking my face.

2 hours later
Me and Rudy pulled up in the apartment car park. I text Bails to record Ellie and Madelyn's reaction. "Here we go" I say. I was going to walk in first and then Rudy was going to stand outside and hold Milos leash until they asked where we were. Then Rudy was going to let go of him and I was going to shout his name to let him run to Ellie.

"Hi, birthday girl" I say as I walk in. Everybody was here. Ellie stands up and hugs me. "Thank you, where were you?" She asks, curious. "You see.... sit down" I say, making her sit in the middle of the floor and she looks confused. "Mads, sit next to her" I tell her and she does so, giving me a confused look. I see Madison recording so here I go. "I want you to welcome someone new. Come here, Milo" i say and the puppy runs towards us. Ellie and Maddie's face was in shock. "Is he ours?" Ellie asks, shocked whilst hugging the puppy. "He is. Milo Stokes everyone" I say. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you" both Ellie and Maddie say together, hugging me then returning to Milo. "I love him so much C, thank you so much" she tells me. She looked so happy. "Why didn't you tell me?" Madelyn asks, smiling too. "I wanted to surprise both of you, everyone here has known for a few weeks" I say.

Ellie's pov
I couldn't be happier, I was with everyone I loved. My brother bought me a puppy. I was just about to open my presents from the others. Honestly, I didn't even need presents, having them by my side is more than enough and I'm so thankful for them.

"Here open this one first" JD says, handing me the presents he got me. I open it, it was a new phone. "What, are you serious?" I ask him. "Yeah, of course. I knew you were needing one. You deserve it" he says. I get up and hug him, "Thank you so much JD. You have no idea how grateful I am for you" I say. "Here, there's this too" he says and hands me another present. It was a phone case of a collage full of photos. "I love it, I love you JD" I say.

"Next up, from me and Drew" Austin says. "It's kinda big, so let me get it" Drew says and goes into Madelyn and Chases bedroom and brings out this huge box. I be up and open it. It was a brand new vanity desk for my bedroom, with Hollywood lights. "Omg, thank you so much." I say. "Here, these are for you too" Austin says and I open them. They were LED lights and projectors. "Guys, thank you so much" I say, getting up and once again hugging them.