Chapter 28

Madelyns pov
It's been a week since the whole thing with Josh. Ellie really isn't doing great. She won't talk to anyone. Me and Chase have tried, we have gotten Cooper, Lilah, Jen, Madison and even my Mom to try but she just won't and it's worrying. I know I done this when I was younger but it didn't help the matter. I got into a really bad place mentally and regretted not talking to anyone and I just want Els to know we are there for her and she can talk to us.

Chase had to go pick a package up so it was only me and Ellie, who was sit in her bedroom like she does on a daily basis and just stares at her wall with her headphones in. I decide to go and try once again, keeping my fingers crossed that I would get even the slightest bit of interaction with her.

"Els?" I ask and sit down opposite her on the bed. She kinda just nods her head. She looked like she had been crying. "Can I talk to you?" I ask and she nods slightly and takes her headphones out. "What're you listening to?" I ask her, trying to get something out of her. Anything at this point. Instead, she just turns her phone around and shows me her Spotify playlist. The song playing was currently listen before i go - Billie Eilish which I knew was a pretty sad song because she loves Billie Eilish and always plays her music in the car.

"Ellie... I'm worried about you baby" I say calmly. I wasn't annoyed or mad but I just wanted her to talk to me before it got worse like what I done. "About what?" She says. The first sentence I've heard her say in the past 24 hours at least. "You're refusing to talk about your feelings and you're keeping them all bottled up. I can see you're starting to spiral into a bad state. You need to talk to someone bubs" I say softly. "I don't want to though" she says emotionless even though I can see she wants to let it all out. "I know..."

"I know you don't. I didn't either but I can't loose you or let it get worse. You mean the world to me and Chase" I say. "I doubt it. You would both be fine without me" she says. "No. No we wouldn't Els. I couldn't go a day without talking to you. You really think we could go on without you?" I ask and she shrugs. "We couldn't. We need you baby" I say.

She just looks up at me and bursts into tears. I open my arms and she rests her head on my chest. "Let it all out Els. It's alright, I'm here" I say and rub her back. "I can't do this Maddie" she says, her voice cracking as she does so. "You can. I know you can. It will be hard but I promise you that you can" I say, still rubbing her back. "I just feel disgusting like he was my boyfriend how could I let him do that to me" she says still in tears.

"Please promise me that you'll start talking to me. I don't care what time it is, whether it's 3pm or 3am. If you're struggling you come and talk to me. Okay?" I say, making it clear. "I promise" she responds.

"Mads?" I hear Chase say, looking for me. "Can he come in?" I whisper to Ellie since she was in an extremely vulnerable state right now but she nods. "I'm here, C" I shout back and he walks in. His smile drops as he looks at the scene. Ellies eyes all red and puffy, resting on my shoulder with my arms around her. He walks over to us immediately and sits next to us, opening his arms for his little sister. "I'm sorry Chase" she says to him.

"You have nothing to be sorry for at all Els. You did nothing wrong. It's okay, I'm here. We're both here" he says, kissing the side of her hair whilst she was crying into his chest. I sat on the other side of him, rubbing her back. We all stayed like this and cuddled each other for around 20 minutes until Ellie finally spoken up and said she was hungry.

She hasn't ate much in the past week so we were incredibly happy to hear her say she wanted food. "How's Cooper?" She asks randomly. "Worried about you. He's been texting us every morning and every night" I tell her and she frowns. "Can he come over, I've missed him" she asks and we let her, of course. We walk into the kitchen and I start to make some food whilst Chase texts Cooper and asks if he wants to come and join us. It wasn't long before he joined us.