Chapter 69

Chases pov
"Daddddd" Addie says running over to us as we walked through the front door of our house. "Hey Addie" I say hugging her. "I missed you guys" Olivia says. "Mommmm" Finn says running to Mads. "Where's Els?" I ask noticing she wasn't here. "At Madisons" Olivia says bluntly. "We need to pick her up remember?" Mads says and completely forgot. "Shi.." I begin to say but Maddie slaps my arm. "Dad almost said a bad word" Finn says. "No he didn't" Addie says back, sassily. "Uh he did. He was about to say shit" Finn points out.

"Alrighttt, that's my queue to leave to pick Ellie up" I say. "Not so fast, Stokes. My Mom is still here so I'll join you" Maddie says and follows me to the car. When we arrived at Madisons, they were both sat watching a tv show.

"Oh hi guys" Madison says. "I heard you've been unwell" Maddie says. "Who said that?" Ellie asks confused. "Liv. Anyways, how are you?" I ask. "I'm good now but let me tell you, your daughter is a star. I honestly would've been lost without her. She went shopping and made me food and made sure my fever was kept low" Madison explains which makes me feel incredibly proud of Ellie.

"Oh yeah and I made a decision" Ellie says out of nowhere. "About what?" Me and Maddie both say at the same time. "The baby. Me and Cooper went for the scan and found out it was a girl. After I heard her heartbeat I just felt connected to her and I love her too much to put her up for adoption" Ellie says. It was not what I expected but regardless, I'm proud and will support her no matter what. "If that's what you truly want, then that's what makes us happy" Mads says. "I agree, you're totally capable of looking after a baby... you and Cooper. I know you'll make good parents" I tell her and hug her. "Ready for home?" I add and she nods.

"Thank you Madison for letting me stay, now it's only an hour until Mariah is home" Ellie says, hugging Madison. "No Els, thank you for helping me. I wish you were my daughter" Madison says. "Too bad, she's not leaving us" I say which makes us all laugh.

When we arrived home, Olivia was relieved to see Ellie. Despite the 7 year age gap, they were inseparable. I suppose it was just like me and Ellie when we were younger. "I've missed you El" Olivia says. "I missed you more Liv" Ellie returns. "Can we go surfing pleaseeee" she begs her older sister. "Maybe another day" Ellie says. "Ugh why" Olivia says annoyed. "I have cramps, I don't feel like it" she says. "So you're on your period? Ugh" Olivia says. "That's not how it works, baby" Mads says to Liv and explains she can't get her period whilst pregnant. "Plus, you going surfing pregnant isn't a good idea" I add and I get a, "Shut up Dad" from Liv.

"Do you have cramps, for real?" Mads asks Ellie, worried and Els nods. "I don't know why. They're really hurting" Ellie says. "I'll get you some ibuprofen, I don't know what's caused them" Mads says confused.

"I'll take you surfing, Liv" I say and she smiles massively. "On one condition, you walk Milo tonight" I say and she groans annoyed but agrees. "Go get the surfboards ready then" I say and she runs off.

"Finn, Addie! I'll drop you two off to soccer practice hurry up" I shout up the stairs. "Coming Dad" Addie yells. "She's lying. She can't braid her hair" Finn whispers as he walks downstairs towards me. "Go get your boots, I'll sort her" I say and head up to her room. "Need help?" I say after I see her struggling to braid her own hair. "I can't do it Dad! I feel stupid" she tells me. "You're still young, you have plenty of time to practice just pass me a hair tie please" I ask as I begin to braid her hair. "There you go, Adelaide" I say. "Ew stop with the full name. I'm Addie" she says sassily. "Alright Miss Attitude, go get your soccer boots we are running late" I say and she runs off.

"Liv, you ready?" I say after I changed into swim shorts. "Yep, everything is in the car including Addie and Finn" she says. "You're just like your Mom" I say and fist bump her.

@hichasestokes : nothing makes liv more happy than the beach and nothing makes me happier than seeing this smile↳ 1,203 comments@madelynstokes : this photo 🥺🥺🥺 @jonaspate : baby sarah @mofiyah99 : aw i love this @drewstarkey : shit she's growin...

↳ 1,203 comments
@madelynstokes : this photo 🥺🥺🥺
@jonaspate : baby sarah
@mofiyah99 : aw i love this
@drewstarkey : shit she's growing up so much
@jonathandaviss : surfing?.. again?

Madelyns pov
"How you doing?" I ask Els. "They're kinda easing off, they're getting better" she says. "I saw your Instagram post, when did you take it?" I ask, it was a cute photo but it alarmed me.

 "I saw your Instagram post, when did you take it?" I ask, it was a cute photo but it alarmed me

@elliestokes : city nights and city lights 🌃
↳ 57 comments
@zoe.hall : pretty girl ❤️
@coop.pate : shit i'm lucky
@oliviastokes : very cool sissy ☺️❤️💗💜
@madisonlinney : beautiful bby
@pamcline : looking like ur mom here! love you Els!

"Oh Zoe took it the other day when we went into the city" she tells me casually. "You're worried that it's a bridge, aren't you" she asks. "What? No" I say, completely lying. "Stop lying. I wasn't going to fucking jump with Zoe taking photos Mom" she says annoyed. "I know but I just wanted to make sure you're okay" I say calmly. "You think I still need babied Mom. Just cause I'm depressed and shit doesn't mean I'm not capable of doing stuff I could've done when I was 13" she says and she does have a valid point.

"I know, you jsut worried me. That's all" I say and she nods. "How is it going? With the thoughts and stuff?" I ask her. "Shits tough, Mom" she says, looking up. It was then when I noticed tears in her eyes. "Come here" I say, opening my arms for her. "I just want it all to end" she says into my shoulder. "Give it time, it will" I tell her honestly. "I don't feel like myself anymore" she tells me. "How did therapy go when we were in Mexico?" I asked, since I haven't heard about it and she normally won't go without me. "I cancelled, it was when Madison was sick. I had to look after her" she tells me. "I'm proud of you Els" I say and kiss her head.

"I was thinking, I wanna call her Renee" she says suddenly. My middle name is Renee. "Why Renee?" I ask curiously. "Because it's after you. I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for you, Mom" she says. It tugged on my heart strings and caused a few tears from me. "I'm honoured and I'm glad I'm here for you, you're my world Els" I tell her, hugging her. "I love you" she tells me and we just sit and talk for a little bit. "I'm gonna go to the toilet, I'll be right back" she says smiling and I nod.

It wasn't long before I heard a scream and a, "MOMMM!"