Chapter 35

Chases pov
"Shit Els. we gotta go"

"What why?" Ellie asks confused. "Mads. She's in labour I think" I say worried. Why the fuck was I not with her. Me and Ellie quickly scramble our stuff and spirit back to the car, pushing everything in the trunk. "We're gonna have to go sandy and wet. We will figure it out when we get there" I say. "I'll quickly get changed out of my wetsuit, I'll climb into the back of the car" Els says and does that and puts a T-shirt and shorts over bikini. I immediately phone Madison.

MB- madison  MC - Madelyn  C- Chase
MB - finally Stokes
C - shit we were in the water I didn't have my phone. What happened?
MB  -we were out shopping, as soon as we arrived back at your house her water broke.
C - fuck
MB -we are at the hospital. We just got here. We are in the waiting room whilst they get a room sorted. How long will you be?
C - we are only a couple of minutes away. How is she? Can I speak to her?
MB - of course.
MC - hey
C - are you okay baby?
MC - nope. I'm scared. Please hurry
C - I'm pulling up to the car park, I'll be 2 minutes. How's the pain?
MC - not bad yet.
C - that's good. Look I'm about the walk through the doors. I love you

I hang up and me and Ellie quickly run through the waiting room to reach Madelyn who was sat in a wheelchair with Bails sat next to her, holding her hand. "Mads. I'm so sorry I didn't get here sooner" I say. "It's alright, you're here now. How was surfing?" She asks us. "It was really good but I beat Dad" Ellie says. "That's my girl" Madelyn says and smiles. "Fuck" she whispers. "It's a contraction" She says and i crouch down, holding her other hand that wasn't in Madisons. "You're doing great. It's alright it will be over with soon" I tell her and kiss her forehead.

"Mrs Stokes? We have your room so if you could follow me please" a nurse says and I push her wheelchair into the hospital room. "Here's a gown if you could change into please. A doctor will be with you soon ma'am" the nurse says and leaves the room. I help her undress and put the hospital gown on and let her get comfy on the bed. It was going to be a long night considering it was already 8pm. "You two are so sandy" Madison says, referring to me and Ellie. "I know. We didn't have time to go home and shower" I say. "You can both go now. I'm okay, she won't be here for a while yet and my contractions aren't bad. You have time" she says. "Are you sure? I don't want to leave you" I say but she nods. "I have Bails. Plus we left the hospital bag in our bedroom so we kinda need that" she says. "Okay we will quickly head back. We won't be long. Call me if anything happens. I love you" I say and kiss her and walk out. "Love you both" She shouts back. "Love ya Mom" Els replies.

We quickly got sorted back home. I made sure to feed Milo even though I let JD know the situations and he was coming to pick him up. Madelyn decided to have me and Madison in the room, along with Ellie if she wanted to. Then her Mom would come see her tomorrow. She was so scared of the full labour thing and plus, the baby is 3 weeks early.

"You ready?" I ask Els. She still had wet hair but she was not sandy anymore. "Yeah, let's go have a sister!" Ellie shouts and we run back to the car. It was a short drive to the hospital so we were then quickly. I made sure to text everyone to let them know what was happening and The Pates booked a flight out for tomorrow, which I hadn't told Ellie since Cooper wanted to surprise her. "This is her room" I say and open the door. Only to reveal Maddie getting checked to see how dilated she is. "The fuck is going on" Ellie says and turns back around, bumping into my chest. "It's just her dilation getting checked, you'll see much worse soon" Bailey says. Ellie covers her eyes and goes to sit on the hospital chair. "You're so brave Mom" she says. The nurse finished up, "You're 8cm dilated. You can't start pushing until 10 but it shouldn't be too long. You seem to be having a quicker labour" she says and leaves. "How's the pain?" I ask and hold Maddie's hand. "Like a 7/10" she says.