Chapter 54

Chases pov

"I'm pregnant" she says weakly before her eyes began shutting again.

The words kept swimming round my head. She's pregnant. The blood. Has she lost the baby? Why didn't she tell me sooner?

I look over to Jonas and Ellie, they're both as shocked as I am hearing the news. "GET SOMEONE IMMEDIATELY PLEASE" I yell. Not only was it my wife's life in danger but now it was also our child's life.

As soon as an ambulance came I panicked, Jonas told them the full story and they lifted her into the back of the ambulance. "She isn't responding at all. This isn't looking too good" I hear one of the paramedics say the the other. "What. What do you mean? Save her!!" I shout with tears streaming uncontrollably.

They wouldn't allow me in the ambulance with her. I turn around and face our daughter, her eyes were swollen. "Dad" she says and runs into me arms. "I know bubs, I know. It's scary" I say trying to calm her down which was proven difficult since I wasn't calm myself. "Chase. I'll drive you and Ellie to the hospital come on" Jonas says and I grab Ellies hand and we run to his car. We didn't even have time to say goodbye to the rest of the group.

I climb into the back seats of Jonas' car with Ellie. Even though I was so worried, I had to be there for Ellie and try and calm her down. It's scary for her too. She sits with her head resting on my shoulder, her breathes were uneven and heavy. "Breathe for me, please Els. You need to calm yourself" I say gently and she shakes her head. "But... but... Mom..." she says struggling to catch her breath.

"Mom is in the safest place right now getting the medical attention she needs. But you need to try and listen to me, focus on my voice and your breathing" I say and she does what I say until she's got her breath back.

"What if she doesn't make it..." she says quietly. Not gonna lie, I was thinking the same and it tore me apart. "Don't think that way Els. She'll be okay" I say, hugging Ellie the best I can with seatbelts on. "But we heard them" she says, referring to the paramedics. "Try and think positive. She's strong, the strongest woman I know" I say and Ellie nods her head.

When we arrive to the hospital, all three of us rush to reception to try and find out where Maddie was. "She's in emergency care right now. But it's on the third floor" the receptionist tells us and we hurry to the third floor.

When I arrive, I see signs full of ICU. She's really not doing good. How could I let this happen. Why didn't I catch her? How can I cope with 3 kids alone? How can I live life without the person who saved me? I simply can't.

"There she is" Ellie says and runs up to the window showing a room. Multiple doctors surrounded her, she had tons of wires connected to her and breathing tubes in her helping her breathe. "Mom!!" Ellie says knocking on the window.

Ellie shouldn't be here seeing this. It'll break her. "Dad... we are losing her" she says. "Ellie, they're trying to save her she's safe" Jonas says, comforting my daughter as I just stand and stare at the love of my life lying on the hospital bed.

After staring for another 5 minutes, a doctor left the room she was in and spoke to us. "Mr Stokes?" He says, greeting us. I nod frantically, "Yes that's me. How is she? Is she alive?" I say quickly. "She's stable but we don't know how long for" the doctor says and I feel Ellie grab my hand and squeeze it tightly. "So she's dying?" Ellie asks pleading for the answers we wanted. The answers we needed.

The doctor shrugs, "We can't tell you yet. She's breathing with the help of life support" he explains. "I'm sorry to tell you this but she lost one of the babies" he says and I looked at him confused. One of them?

"There's more than one?" I ask. "There was twins. Unfortunately one of them miscarried. There is still one that appears to be safe and healthy as of now" he explains. "Can we see her?" I beg and the doctor nods.

Jonas said he would stay in the waiting room and let me and Ellie have time with Mads. I keep a hold of Ellies hand. She was comforting me just as much as I was comforting her. We walk over to Maddies bed. She looked peaceful. She was breathing, for now. Her fingers kept twitching but it helped me ease a little bit because I know she's still with us.

"Mads. I don't know if you can hear me. I love you. So much. Please fight for us. We need you Mads. I can't live without you" I say, breaking down. Ellie hugs me. She then let's go of my hand and holds Maddie's.

"Mom. You can't leave us. We all need you. Dad needs you, I need you and Addie and Liv need you. Don't go, I'm begging you Mom. I can't go on without you" Ellie says whilst sobbing uncontrollably. I bend over and just stroke Maddie's forehead, something that always calmed her and helped her.

We just stood there, taking everything in, in silence until we heard a noise. Almost like a whimper and it wasn't from me or Ellie. It means it had to be from Mads. We both sit up, staring at her intently.

"Chase" she croaks out, extremely weakly. "I'm here Mads. I'm here" I say. She didn't have her eyes open though. "Ellie?" She asks. "It's me Mom" Ellie says, holding Maddie's hand.

"Chase if I don't make it... just know I love you. You were my first true love. My only true love. You're a great Dad, keep doing what you do. Don't give up acting if you lose me. Try find someone new to love" she says slowly and weakly.

"Mads. I'll never find anyone new. You're my everything" I say back.

"Take care of Ellie, Olivia and Adelaide for me. I'm sorry about the twins" she says. "Ellie?" She calls out quietly.

"Yeah" Ellie says. I looked down at her, bloodshot eyes, tear stained cheeks. I was the exact same. "Oh baby girl you amaze me everyday. You're so beautiful and I'm so glad you're my daughter. I love you, so much. If you lose me...don't be too hung up over me. Make sure you still see your friends. Marry Cooper. Live your life. You deserve the world baby. Keep smiling" she says and Ellie breaks down.

"Don't leave Mom. I love you and I can't lose you too" Ellie begs Maddie. I felt Maddie's body relax and the machines began flatlining.

"DOCTOR! HELP" I shout loudly.