Chapter 33

Chases pov
Today's the day. The day we are saying goodbye to our Charleston apartment and moving into our house in California, more specifically Los Angeles. It was a big house, since we need way more space now we are a family and expecting a little one soon and I'm sure there will be more in the future. Maddie's parents are also moving out with us and buying a house near us, as well as their Charleston home so we were really lucky.

We packed everything up to be shipped off so when we arrive, it should already be there. We didn't have to leave to go to the airport until this afternoon which gave us time to go say goodbye to those saying in LA. Some are already there, Madison and Mariah moved back in LA yesterday and they live in our neighbourhood. JD and Rudy are moving back later this week and Austin and Drew have been there a few weeks now. I wasn't looking forward to dragging Ellie away from her best friends and boyfriend. The Pate's lived here. It was their home state so they would be staying here. Kiki, Lilah and Cooper weren't excited either.

Mads woke Ellie up, who immediately walked in looking sad. "You'll see them soon, I promise" I tell her. "This is like my home though. I don't wanna move" she says, frustrated. We felt awful making her move but we all know it's for the best. "You can come back and visit" Madelyn tells her. "How am I meant to go so long without Cooper?" She asks. "You'll be okay, you'll see him soon" I tell her but she doesn't seem to listen. Madison was a great help and took Milo for us, since we had way more luggage so he was already there at Madisons house.

The flight was around 6 hours so we would get there around 6pm ish, despite leaving at 3pm but there's different time zones. The house was already decorated, we hired someone to do it the way we wanted so at least we would go back to a house that feels like home.

We just chilled and watched tv until it was time to leave and go see people to say goodbye, people meaning the Pate's. "Goodbye, Charleston apartment" All three of us say together. Sadly. When we get in the car, Mads sheds a few tears. "What's up?" I ask, holding her hand and smile gently and Ellie who was sat in the backseat. "I don't know. Hormones don't help. But I was just thinking of everything that happened in that apartment. We got Milo. Ellie joined us and became our daughter. It was just special" She says and I agree, it was sad to leave.

The drive to the Pate's house wasn't far at all. I've never seen Ellie jump out the car so quick and head into their house. We couldn't stay long but they were driving us to the airport, since our car was getting shipped over. We all sit in Jonas' car together, it was a huge car so it fit us all. We got our luggage out and head into the airport, them following us until they had to say goodbye. "Good luck with your pregnancy Mads. We will be out visiting as soon as she's born" Jen tells Maddie. "Have fun guys, smash it out there. We will see you so soon" Jonas says. "I'm gonna miss y'all" Lilah says.

Ellie's pov
"Shit man. I'm going to miss you" Cooper says to me. I was doing so bad mentally before I came here and because of these people, I was fine now. But I had to leave Cooper and Lilah. "I'll miss you so much. I'll FaceTime you every morning and night. And when your sister is born we will be visiting. It's only a month until then" He tells me and I nod. He opens his arms for me to hug him, which I immediately do. "Thank you for everything you've done for me Coop" I whisper into his chest. "It's what you deserve. I love you Els" He replies and kisses my head.

"Ellie, we need to go" Dad says and I squeeze Cooper tighter. "I love you, I'll see you soon" he tells me. I had tears in my eyes, we were now going to have to live on opposite sides of the country. "I love you Coop" I say and force myself apart from him.

As I walked with my parents to the security part of the airport, I turned around and waved goodbye to the family that I called my second family. I know I'll see them soon, but a months a long time. "Come on Els" Mom says, holding her hand out which I took. "It's thought but it'll go by quickly" She says smiling.