Chapter 37

Madelyns pov
It's been a week since I returned from the hospital. It flew by. Everyone met Adelaide. Everyone loved Adelaide. Seeing Chase with her makes my heart melt. She's a good baby too, she sleeps all night except from if she needs a feed. Cooper has been staying with us too, even though the Pate's had a hotel. We let him stay since he was with Ellie. We know we could trust them together and he was a great help around the house too.  The Pate's actually had to return to Charleston in a few days for Jens job but me and Chase are going to ask Cooper if he wants to stay with us a little while longer. He was homeschooled anyways and he was more than welcome to stay in our home. I knew Ellie would love it and we would love having him stay with us.

Ellie and Cooper just walked down the stairs, ready to leave to go surfing. I already asked his parents and they said he could stay if he wanted so I guess we should ask him now. "Hey guys" Chase says. "Can we talk to you both for a second. Sit down" I say and they both sit down. "Me and Maddie were wondering if you wanted to stay with us longer Cooper. I mean you're more than welcome to stay with us and you can stay here as long as you want" Chase says. Ellie and Cooper both look shocked. "Are you for real?" Ellie says smiling. I nod. "are you sure that's alright with you Chase and Maddie?" He asks. "Of course. You're like a son to us" I say and he gets up and hugs me and thanks us both. "Thank you Mom and Dad. Y'all are the best" Ellie says hugging us tightly and then they get their surfboards and walk down to the beach.

"Hey baby girl" I say to Adelaide who was beginning to wake up. "Your Mama loves you" Chase says to her, tickling her and making her laugh and smile. "She's so precious" I say smiling. We showed her a few of her baby toys and she was laughing away. "I can't wait until the day she can walk and talk" Chase says and I agree. She's going to fit right in with our family. Biological and OBX family.

@hichasestokes : being your daddy makes me the happiest, addie ❤️↳ 2,101 comments@madelynstokes :  I love you so much Chase@elliestokes : this is adorable but give me photo creds dude 🙄@carodeery : cutest family!@rudeth : she's gonna be a surfer,...

↳ 2,101 comments
@madelynstokes : I love you so much Chase
@elliestokes : this is adorable but give me photo creds dude 🙄
@carodeery : cutest family!
@rudeth : she's gonna be a surfer, I can just tell
@drewstarkey : she's so tiny

Chases pov
"How about we go to the beach? First beach trip for Addie?" I suggest, making sure Maddie feels up to it. "Of course, I'll go get ready and sort a bag out. Will you watch her?" She asks me. "You didn't have to ask" I says and she laughs. I live in beachwear so I was already ready to head out the door. Although, I changed Adelaide into a cute little baby beach outfit. This is her first time of many beach trips. She'll definitely be a beach baby. "Okay I'm ready. I've got sunscreen, baby hat, diapers and everything we need" Maddie says and I nod. "What would I do without you" I say and hug her.

"Are you both putting a swim suit on?" I ask, she had a huge oversized T-shirt on. She shakes her head. "I have one underneath but I refuse to take it off. I have an awful body right now, I need to start going to the gym again" she says and I look her in the eyes. "You don't need to be insecure about your body. Look at the sweet little baby girl that came from there just last week. Of course you're not going to have the so called perfect body" I say air quoting the perfect body. "But guess what? You and your body is perfect to me" I continue and she smiles and hugs me. "Okay, I guess I'll take it off at the beach then" she says and I cheer, causing laughter.