Chapter 44

Chases pov
I hardly slept. In fact I got no sleep at all. I couldn't stop thinking about what I said to Ellie and Mads. It's tearing me apart knowing how much of a dick I was acting. That's my wife and daughter and she needed me. But I wasn't there.

When Ellie called me Chase it low-key hurt me. But hey, I deserve it. It was currently 9am and the two little ones were still asleep. Or so I thought until I heard a giggling Olivia running down into my room. "Mommy! Daddy!" She shouts happily. Shit. She doesn't know Maddie and Ellie left last night since it was so late.

"Hey Liv" I say smiling and laughing as she struggling to climb onto our big bed. "Where's Mommy?" She asks sadly. "Mommy and Sissy had to go out for a little bit. They might be home soon but it could be a few days" I say, without trying to act sad. "Days? But they no say bye to me" she says sadly. I had to smile at her vocabulary and how she struggled to form a sentence but I felt bad. It was all my fault. "When they're away, we can have so much fun though! We can take Milo to the beach today?" I ask Olivia who nods excitedly. "Should we go get Addie and we can make breakfast?" I ask and she shakes her head. I furrow my eyebrows, "no?" I ask confused.

"I want cuddles first" she says and jumps on me cuddling into me. "I love you Liv" I say kissing her forehead. "I love you more daddy" she says giggling. I wake Addie up and change her diaper. I place her in her high hair and get the milk that Maddie put in the fridge. She just sat there contently. Meanwhile Olivia was hyper and chasing Milo around the house.

"Olivia! Your waffles are ready" I shout and seconds later she runs into the kitchen with Milo chasing her. "Be careful you don't fall, little one. Go sit down and I'll bring you your waffles" I say and she climbs onto her chair at the dining table. I place her waffles down and she begins eating them immediately. I start eating mine too but I get a text message.

Els❤️
Hi Dad, I'm sorry for what I
done last night. You mean so much
to me and I don't wanna lose u as my
Dad, it was dumb of me to call u Chase.
I love you ❤️

My heart melts. She done nothing wrong yet she apologised. It was me in the wrong.

Me
Hey Els, please don't be sorry . It
was my fault, I shouldn't of acted
like that. Just know that I know what
i done and I realised u don't need to
go back to school yet. only when you're ready.
I love you too ❤️

I look up and Olivia was still too busy eating her waffles and Addie was still drinking her milk so I decided now was a good time to text Maddie and apologise.

Me
Hi Mads, I'm so sorry for past week and
especially last night. I messed up and I just
hope you can forgive me. If you don't wanna
come home just yet, I understand. I wouldn't either
i'm such an idiot. At least tell me you're okay? I miss you.
I love you so much Mads ❤️❤️

Mads❤️
hi babe, I already forgave u when Drew
showed me the text u sent him. We all make
mistakes and I overreacted anyways. We will
be home today, in an hour to be more specific.
How's my babies? I miss and love u more 🥰

Me
Liv misses u so much. Thank you, for
forgiving me. I'll make it up to you both
when you're home ❤️

"Beach time now Daddy?" Olivia says as soon as she finished her breakfast. "Not so soon little one. Mommy and Ellie are coming home soon" I say and she jumps up and down excitedly. "Daddy?" She asks and I nod. "Why does Addie not talk?" She says and I laugh. "Addie is just a baby. When she grows big like you, she'll be able to talk and run with you" I explain and she smiles and cheers.

I entertained Olivia whilst Addie had her late morning nap. I just played outside in our backyard with her and Milo until I heard voices. Maddie and Ellie's voices. "Guys?" I hear Ellie yell. "Who's this, Liv?" I say smiling. "Mommyyyyy" she tells and runs into the house to go hug her mom.

I follow her but for some reason I'm nervous. Well the reason being is actually because I want things to go back to normal. I'm sure it will but I just can't stop thinking about if Maddie will go back to being all loving instantly and whether Ellie will calls me Dad or not.

"What you thinking about babe?" I hear Maddie say which makes me focus more on her rather than my own mind overthinking. "I'm so sorry Maddie" I say, looking up at her. "I fucking hate myself for how I treat you and Ellie. I'm just turning into my Dad" I say frustrated at myself.

"You're nothing like your dad, C. You're an amazing dad, all three of them girls in there love you to pieces and couldn't live without you. Sure, you made a mistake. One mistake Chase. That's all you've done. I forgive you and Ellie forgives you. You're also a pretty great husband if I have to admit" Maddie says smirking and I just laugh.

"I really am sorry, Mads" I say again and she just shakes her head and engulfs me in a hug. She leans her head on my shoulder and I just rub her back. "I love you Chase. I always will" she says, leaning back and placing a kiss on my lips.

"Can we stop the arguing? I hate it" Maddie asks and I nod. "I hate it so much" I tell her. "You mean too much to me. I can't risk losing you too. I would have nothing else to live for, besides the girls" Maddie says and I smile. "You make my life so much better, Madelyn Stokes" I say hugging her. "I've missed you this week" she says. Even though we have been together for the most of it, we were distancing the most we could at home to avoid arguing. "I missed up too. It's not the same going to sleep without you cuddled into me" I tell her and earn a giggle from her.

"Dad.. can we talk?" I hear Ellie say quietly. Maddie whispers, 'it's fine' into my ear and joins Olivia. "I think that's the best thing, Els. Look I'm so sorry for everything and I've realised how wrong I was about everything and you don't need to go to school until you feel like you're ready. I really am sor-" I say but get cut off by Els just running into me and giving me a hug.

When she looked up at me, I noticed tears in her eyes and tears rolling down her cheeks. I use my thumb to gently wipe them away. "You were just trying to do what's best for me, I understand. I'm sorry for not calling you Dad. I just wasn't thinking properly" she says. "Oh Els, you don't need to be sorry" I say and she smiles.