Chapter 56

Chases pov

FLASHBACK

Here we are, sat in the waiting room waiting for news from the doctor. Ellie is asleep with her head resting on my shoulder but here I was just shaking with anxiety. I'm glad Jonas was here too, he was helping me calm down.

If I lose Maddie, I lose my whole world. The days won't be bright. There won't be any happiness. Nobody to cuddle up to when nights get cold. There wouldn't be the same atmosphere in the house. Outer banks would be cancelled. Addie would grow up without remembering her own Mom.

I can't have my kids growing up without a mom, like I did. Like Ellie did. This was the second time she's had this experience.

I was too deep in my thoughts to hear anyone until Jonas shook me, "There's news" he says and I look up and see a doctor. Ellie was also awake so she was hearing this too.

"She's gone.. isn't she?" Ellie says but the doctor shakes his head. "She's stable. She's awake. She's saved. A lot of stuff happened but we gave her CPR and she's okay. She'll be tired for the next week or two. We also want her to stay in hospital for a week so we can check on her" he explains and we nod. I was so relieved.

Once the doctor explained it was from the amount of blood loss I asked the dreaded question, "Are the babies okay?" I ask. Mentally preparing myself for the answer. "One of them is. He's a miracle baby I tell you that. Unfortunately we lost the little girl" he explains. "Hold up? Girl and boy... you knew?" I asked and he nodded.

"We just found out minutes ago. I'm sorry about your loss. The baby boy is healthy though and should remain healthy" he explains.

I walk into the room where Maddie is, Ellie stayed with Jonas whilst I talked to her.

"You're okay!" I say relieved when I see her. She was still hooked up to many wires but she had her eyes open and was responsive. "I'm sorry we lost her. It's my fault and I should've told you" she says immediately. "It wasn't your fault at all Mads. It's sad what happened but she'll be safe with my Mom" I tell her and she nods. "You're gonna have the son you always wanted" she says and I smile and hold her hand.

When I felt her touch, I broke down once again. The past day has been a whirlwind of emotions and too much has happened in too little time. "I'm so glad you're here Mads. I couldn't of lived without you" I say.

After talking to Mads for a little bit, Ellie knocked on the door. Maddie managed to smile, even though I could tell she was too tired and weak but she did it for our daughter. "Mom!!!" Ellie says smiling. "Shit I thought you were gone. I couldn't of done anything without you Mom" Ellie says. "I'm so sorry baby girl. I'm here now and I promise I'm not leaving you" Maddie says and squeezed Ellies hand.

We spent the next 10 minutes just talking a little. It was mainly me and Ellie talking to Maddie since she was still too weak and tired. When Maddie fell asleep, me and Ellie left the room and joined Jonas in the waiting room.

We updated him and told him everything, alongside our family and the crew. Maddie was safe. She's so strong and she amazes me everyday.

FLASHBACK ENDED

I shoot up from my dream. Or nightmare I should say. I try and find Mads, who is lying next to me. She got home from New Zealand a few days ago and she was gone 10 months, it was hell without her. Ever since she's been gone, I keep getting nightmares and memories about the day we almost lost her. Fuck, she even flatlined so we basically did lose her for a short amount of time.