Chapter 72

Ellies pov
I hear a knock on my bedroom door and a little face appear. "Can we still have a sister sleepover?" Olivia says quietly. I smile, "Of course, I can't wait. Come here" I say and pat the other side of my bed which she jumps on and rests her head on my chest.

"I've missed you" she tells me. "I'm sorry" I tell her. "Mom told me what happened, I'm sorry that happened to you" she says. I didn't realise Mom told her. "It's alright, it's happened now" I tell her. She's only 11 so I don't really know what Mom told her. "Do you still hurt yourself?" She asks nervously. "I'm getting better, it's hard but I don't anymore" I tell her honestly. She just smiles and cuddles into me. "I'm proud of you" she says. "I love you so much Liv" I tell her.

"Can we go in the pool!" She asks excitedly. "It's like 8pm?" I ask surprised. "Pleaseee? We have a whole pool in our garden yet we always go in the ocean" she says. "Cause the ocean is better but yes. Go get your swimsuit, be quick" I say and she runs off thanking me.

Once I changed into my bikini, I went into her room and saw her stood at her closet, still in her normal clothes. "Els, help me pick a swimsuit" she says frustrated. "This one's cute" I say, pointing to a turquoise swimsuit with a pattern down the side. "Okay, I'll be quick" she says and runs off to the bathroom to change.

After a couple minutes, she dived on my back. "Piggy back!" She says laughing. "You're going to wake Addie and Finn up" I say laughing, they went to bed so early but they were still young I suppose. Olivia always stayed up late like me though. I carry her on my back to the back garden but we got stopped by Mom and Dad in the kitchen. "Where the hell are you two off two?" Dad asks, laughing at the current state of us. "Swimming in the garden Dad, it's part of our sister sleepover!" Liv says happily.

"Off you two go, have fun!" Dad says. "Are you both watching a movie afterwards, I'll get snacks ready for you two?" Mom adds. "Oooh yes please. Thank you" I say and we head out to the pool in our garden.

Before anything, I jumped into the pool with Liv still attached to my back. "Els, what was that for" Addie says serious but laughing. "Why not? It's fun" I say. "It's freezing though" she says. "Oh stop being a wimp, Liv" I say, only teasing her because it actually was freezing.

"Can we do flips" she begs and I finally agree after remembering the consequences of the last time we practiced flips in this pool. "As long as this  time you don't hit the side and have to go to the ER for stitches" I say and she just laughs. "That was you fault, you didn't catch me" she says, splashing water on me.

We just soaked each other and couldn't stop laughing until we heard the Mom's photo camera  click. "Sorryyy but in my defence that's a cute photo" she says before rushing back inside before we splashed her.

"After 3 I'll throw you in the air but remember to tuck" I remind Liv. "1, 2, 3" I countdown and throw her into the air where she tucks and flips backwards. Once she comes up from the water we both cheer. "You did it perfect first time with no stitches needed" I joke, laughing together.

Once we got too cold and it got too dark, we wrapped up in our towels before heading inside. "You two better be dry before you walk through the house with wet feet" Dad says because Finn slipped the other day. "We are, don't worry" Liv says and we head upstairs. "I'll go in the shower" she tells me and I nod and sit on my bed wrapped in the towel.

I looked at the photo Mom sent me that she took and it was quite cute so I posted it on Instagram.

@elliestokes : sister sleepovers ♥️ @oliviastokes ↳ 107 comments@madelynstokes : photo cred = me @coop

↳ 107 comments
@madelynstokes : photo cred = me
@coop.pate : my fav sisters
@oliviastokes : I LOVE YOU
@madisonlinney : cute sh*t🥰🥰

Once we both got showered and changed into our pyjamas, we went back into my bedroom to decide on a movie to watch. "Can we watch Disney?" Liv asks sweetly. "If you want, beauty and the beast?" I suggest and Liv nods immediately. It was always her favourite when she was younger.

"Let's go get some snacks" I say and Liv grabs my hand and we head downstairs to get some snacks. At this point it was 10pm but we had so much energy it didn't matter. "Your snacks are in the kitchen" Mom tells us. She was watching some tv show with Dad.

"Thank you" we say in unison and grab the snacks, as well as some drinks. On our way back up to my bedroom, Mom and Dad stop us. "You two can lie in tomorrow cause I know you're having fun but please don't stay up too late" Mom says and we nod. "Me and Dad are heading to bed soon so goodnight girls" Mom adds. "Goodnight" we says to them both before rushing upstairs with our snacks.

We set them out and we had candy, popcorn and a smoothie each. "Ready?" I say. "Actually wait, can I ask you something?" Olivia says nervously and I nod and smile. "Do you know who my biological Mom and Dad are?" She asks. That was out of nowhere, I wasn't expecting that. "I don't. You know the story of how we adopted you. I'm sorry, baby but I don't. Why?" I ask her and she sighs.

"I just have been thinking I obviously wasn't enough for them for them to let me go" she says. "Liv, you're more than enough. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want you because we all love you and couldn't live without you, you make my days brighter" I tell her and I can tell it made her happy. "Mom and Dad are still my real parents though" she says. "Same here, Liv" I add and we giggle before putting the movie on.

Once our snacks were finished and the movie was coming to an end, it was 2am and we were getting tired. Olivia rested her head on my shoulder and pulled the bedsheet up to her chin. "Goodnight Els, I love you" she says sleepily. "Goodnight sweet girl, I love you more" I say and place a kiss on her head before falling asleep myself.