Chapter 50

Ellies Pov
Dads been gone about a month now, he was loving it. He said it wasn't the same without us though. It wasn't the same here without him. I was doing my best to help Mom though. "Els, can you come watch Addie please" she calls for, another room so I go join them. Addie can now walk and say some simple sentences. "El" she says and I smile. "Hey baby girl" I say and hug her. "What's wrong" I ask Mom who seems to be struggling. "Do you know that toy Liv loves so much?" She asks and I nod. "She was throwing it around I'm the garden and it's stuck of the roof" she says laughing. "You're not climbing up to get it, are you?" I ask shocked when she nods. "Mom! You could hurt yourself" I say. "But Liv won't sleep until she has it" she says and she walks outside to go climb and get it.

I follow her, with Addie in my arms and watch. "Liv come here" I say making sure to keep her away. I watch as Mom climbs up onto the garage roof where the toy was. I was relieved when she made it up and threw the toy down that I caught to give to Olivia. Seconds later, I heard a scream and a crash.

The garage roof collapsed and Mom fell through. I quickly put Addie down and run to Mom. "Mom! Mom! Can you hear me?" I say panicking. "Mom! Look at me!" I yell shaking her. I had tears down my cheeks, she wasn't responding. I quickly get my phone out of my pocket and dial 911. Once I spoke to them, they said they'd send an ambulance to us. Mom still wasn't responding. "Please Mom. I need you" I say. I looked behind me and the younger two didn't know what was happening, they were too busy playing with Milo.

I called Madison because I knew I couldn't be alone right now. "Madison. Mom fell through the garage roof. An ambulance is on its way but please hurry she isn't answering me Madison" I say in tears. The fall was quite high. Madison tells me she'll be 5 minutes.

5 minutes later, I hear Madison and Mariah's voices. "Ellie?" I hear Mariah say. "In here" I shout back. They both run to me and I hug Mariah, letting all my tears fall. "What if she doesn't wake up" I say to them. "She will Els. I promise" Madison says. Mariah went to go watch the younger two but I wouldn't leave Mom. "Madison I can't lose her" I say. She just was unresponsive and I was so worried.

Once the ambulance arrived, they told us only one person could be with her. Madison pushed me in ambulance and said she would follow us in her car. Mariah was looking after Addie and Olivia thankfully. I hold Moms hand, not letting go at all until we arrived at the hospital. Madison ran to me as I got out the ambulance and I held onto her. They rushed Mom to an emergency room, where we weren't allowed to be so we had to sit and wait.

"Have you told your Dad" Madison asks me and I shake my head. We were both sat on the waiting room chairs but I couldn't focus on anything but Mom. "Come here" Madison says and opens her arms. I sit next to her, resting my head on her shoulder. "She'll be ok. She's strong" she tells me. Mom is the strongest person I know. "We should FaceTime Chase" she suggests and I nod, he needed to know about this even if it would worry him.

I reach for my phone and dial his number, waiting for his face to appear on my screen. When it does he smiles, "Hey Els and Madison. What's up" he asks but looks closely and notices my tearstained cheeks and the hospital poster behind us. "Why are you crying and in a hospital? Where's Mads?" He asks worriedly. Madison explains everything and Chase now looked even more worried. "Is she okay? Please tell me she's okay?" He asks. "We don't know Chase, she was unresponsive but they're seeing her now. We will tell you as soon as we know" Madison says before a doctor interrupts us.

"Hi, I'm Mrs Stokes doctor. She's awake and stable. She has 3 broken ribs though so she's in pain but you can go see her" he says and Chase clearly hears the news cause he's smiling like me and Madison. "She's okay" I say, relived. We end the FaceTime with Chase because he had to go to set and me and Madison walked in Moms hospital room.

"Hi baby" Mom says as soon as she sees me. She tried sitting up but winced and gave up. "I thought I lost you" I say and walk over to her bed. She reaches her hand out for me to hold. "I'm sorry, I should've listened to you" she says laughing slightly. "Thank you Madison, for being with her and thank Mariah for watching the little ones" she says. "It's not a problem. The doctor said you can't lift stuff or drive for 3-4 weeks so looks like I'm your new roommate until Chase is home" Madison says. "No, I'm fine Bails. Ellie can help" she says and I nod. "Look Maddie, stop being stubborn. Me and Mariah will help you. We will take the kids to school and help you" she says and Mom knew she had no choice anyways.

We FaceTime Dad again and he was happy to see Mom stable before she got released and we could go home.

Maddie's pov
Today's been pretty rough but it's nice to be back home. Addie and Olivia were already in bed by the time we got home. I thanked Mariah for looking after them all day. Ellie went to bed pretty much as soon as we got home. "Goodnight Els. Thank you for today" I say kissing her forehead before she heads up to bed. Now it was currently me, Madison and Mariah sat just talking.

"Maddie we wanted to talk to you about something" Madison says and I nod. They both looked nervous. "How hard was it with Addie. Like giving birth and looking after her?" She asks and I was surprised, where was this coming from? "It was different but it wasn't the bad" I tell them and they nod smiling. "What's up with you two, you're not pregnant are you?" I ask. They look at each other and smile, "Surprise?" They say together and shrugging. "WHAT! CONGRATULATIONS" I say smiling happily. "Don't tell anyone yet, you're the first person. We aren't planning on telling anyone till next month when we start season 3 filming" Madison tells me and I nod.

"I have so many questions" I say laughing. "Go ahead" Mariah says. "How?" Is the first thing I say and they laugh. "My brother is the sperm donor" Mariah tells me. "Which one of y'all is pregnant?" I say laughing. "I'll give you one guess" Madison says, laughing. "You?" I ask and she nods. "Yeah, this one is too scared" she says pointing to Mariah. "What are you doing about season 3?" I ask intrigued. "Well I'm only a month along currently. The first few months of filming I won't be showing that much but I guess I'll just have to wear oversized clothes towards the end, I'll tell Jonas sometime this week though" she tells me.

I guess bad days do have good outcomes.