Chapter 43

1 week later
Madelyns pov
It's been a week since the whole situation at Ellie's school. She really wasn't doing good. She was barely coming out of her bedroom, barely eating and she won't talk to us much. If we ask her stuff she just nods or shakes her head. Chase has said she needs to go back to school tomorrow even though I think it's too soon. The chances that they would do something again is low after what Chase done but she's clearly not in the right headspace mentally to go to school.

"Chase, drop it" I say getting frustrated. The past week me and Chase have argued... a lot. Which is a first for us to argue this much. "No Madelyn. She's going back to school tomorrow" he says frustrated. "You're being unfair here Chase" I say sighing. "I'm being responsible! She needs an education, fucking hell Maddie" he shouts. "Shut up! The girls will hear you" I say. It was late at night, I know Ellie hasn't been sleeping much so she's probably hearing all this.

"This isn't being responsible Chase! It's being selfish. The poor girl needs a break" I say, she genuinely does. "I mean she's still limping because her ankle is sore. The bruises haven't even healed up yet" I add and he shakes his head. "Act like an adult for once in your life Madelyn" Chase shouts at me which makes me flinch. Not gonna lie, it hurt me what he said.

"You know what Chase, forget it! I'm leaving" I say and run up to our bedroom, I grab a bag and just put a few essentials in it. Chase follows after me immediately, "You can't leave, you're really going to leave me with 3 kids?" He says shocked. "Yeah well I guess I'm too childish to look after them properly" I say, tears running down my cheeks. "What's gotten into you? A week ago you were the ideal dad and now all you do is argue with me and pay no attention to your daughter that is clearly struggling" I say standing up. I go to walk down the stairs until I hear Ellie's bedroom door open.

"Don't leave please... please Mom" she begs, she obviously heard everything because she had tears down her cheeks as well. "I'm sorry sweetheart, I'll be back. I promise" I say kissing her head. "Don't. Let me come with you" she begs again. "You're not going anywhere. You're going to school tomorrow" Chase says sternly. Ellie just looks up at me, i mouth 'I'm sorry' to her.

"Shut up Chase. All I do is get bullied. I'm not going back there" Ellie says. Chase looked sad when he wasn't called Dad by her. "You have to, it's your education!" He shouts at her. "It's two weeks out of my education. Why can't I be homeschooled like I was on set?" She asks. "Chase, please don't make me. I can't" she says leaning against her bedroom door. "Oh great so now I'm not your Dad" he says, rolling his eyes.

"Chase Stoke! Stop it, you're being too harsh. You're daughter is in tears and you're being a dick. I'm leaving, with her. I don't care what you say" I say and grab Ellie by the hand and walk to my car.

Chase follows us. "You don't have to do this Mads" he says. "Too late. I'll be back when the old Chase is back, if that will ever happen" I say and pull out the driveway. I didn't want to leave him, it broke me seeing his face. But I know we need a few days away from each other.

Ellie was sat in the passenger seat crying still so as soon as I got out of our neighbourhood I pulled over. "It's alright Els, I'm here" I say holding her hand. "Have you and Chase broke up?" She asks looking at me sadly. "No bubs, just a few days away from him" I say and she nods. "Will i really have to go back to school tomorrow?" She says, sadly. I shake my head, "Not tomorrow. But promise me on Monday you'll go... if you still hate it we will homeschool you. Please just give it one more chance. I know it's been tough" I say and she promises.

"I didn't bring any clothes Mom" she says. "I have hoodies and sweats you can wear. We'll go spend a few days at Madisons" I tell her and she smiles. "Are you hungry?" I ask her. It was almost midnight but she hasn't been eating much recently. Ellie shakes her head. "Please try and eat something, for me" I almost beg. "Do you ever think..." Ellie goes to say but stops herself. "Go on, I'm listening" I encourage and she nods. "Do you ever think that if maybe I was skinnier, they would never of done this to me?" She asks, looking at me.