Chapter 19

Chases pov
We were going to Barbados next week, I was nervous. Not just nervous for filming but I was planning on proposing to Madelyn whilst we were there. We have been together over 2 years and we are always talking about our future together so I think it's the perfect time. I haven't told anybody yet, I was going to tell Ellie today. I trusted her enough to not say anything and I know she will help me with ideas.

Maddie was currently grocery shopping, normally we would all go together but I made Ellie fake a plan to make us look busy so I could tell her. "What the hell is the plan for?" Ellie asks when Maddie leaves. "Look, I need to tell you something but you can't tell anybody else. Promise?" I say holding my pinky finger out and Ellie looks hesitant but connects her pinky finger promising. "I'm going to propose to Mads next week in Barbados" I say nervously. Ellie stands up and smiles and jumps onto me, giving me a hug and laughing. "Oh my god, really?" She says excitedly. "Yeah. I'm getting the ring today, do you want to come?" I ask her. "I don't want to like tag along and intrude, this is your thing" she says, obviously not sure if I want her to come. "No, I want you to come, if you don't mind. You're a part of this too, she'll be your sister in law" I say smiling. "If she says yes" Ellie says teasing me and I pull a face.

"Okay so when Mads gets back, we will help her put the groceries away and everything but we need an excuse as to why we are going out and leaving her" I say, trying to think of a good reason. "I know! Say we are going to the gym, she went earlier so she won't want to come again" Ellie says. "That's a great idea" I tell her.

Once Maddie got home, me and Ellie put all the groceries away. "Me and Els were thinking about heading to the gym and maybe a run afterwards. Will you be okay by yourself?" I ask her and she nods her head. "Yeah, I'll be fine. Have a good time working out" she says giggling and I give her a kiss and me and Ellie get in the car. I take a deep breathe, this really is happening.

We go to multiple ring stores until we found the perfect one, "this is the one" I say and Ellie agrees. "Where are you going to put it? You know, so she doesn't find it" Ellie asks. "That's a good point, she does the packing for Barbados" I say. "Maybe i should give it to Bails. She's the most responsible one and I trust her to keep it safe until the day" I say and Ellie agrees. "What do you say about ice cream?" I ask my sister whose face lights up. "Yes please!" She says and I just laugh. Once we went to get ice cream, I text Mads to tell her we would be back soon.

We pulled up to the apartment complex but instead of going to our apartment we went to Madisons. We knocked on the door, "it's nice to see you guys here" Mariah says answering the door and letting us in. "Hi guyssss" Madison says as she sees us. "Hey Bails, can I ask you a huge favour" I say, nervously as she was the first person except Els I was telling. She nods, "Yeah...." she says waiting for me to tell her. "Can you keep something for me, put it in your suitcase when we go to Barbados and give it to me when we are there" I ask her and she looks confused. "What? You're confusing. You want me to keep something but give it back to you next week?" She says laughing and I see Mariah confused. I nod and pull the small box with the ring inside it out of my back pocket. "Is that what I think it is" she says smiling and I nod. She screams and jumps up and down. "Oh my god, I'm so happy for you Chase!" She says and hugs me. Mariah also says the same. "Of course I'll keep it. Oh my god, I can't believe it" she says laughing. "Thank you. I trust you the most to not lose it" I say laughing.

We only stay a little while at Madison and Mariah's until we go back down to our apartment. "Y'all have been ages" Mads says as we walk in and we laugh, little did she know. "Sorry. We went for ice cream after our run" Ellie says. "You went for ice cream without me?" Mads says, pretending to be sad. "Yeah but I've booked dinner reservations for tonight. Just the two of us" I tell her and she smiles. Ellie was going to Lilah's for the night so I thought it would be nice for us to do something. "A date?" She asks smirking and I nod, "It's a date, Miss Cline" I say knowing that (hopefully) soon she would be Mrs Stokes.