Chapter 42

Chases pov
It's been a couple of hours since the full situation happened. The little ones were still with Drew and Maddie's parents, leaving us to have more alone time with Ellie. Speaking of Ellie, she was asleep. This was the perfect opportunity to talk to Maddie. I grab her hand and take her into our bedroom, so Ellie wouldn't hear.

"Mads. I swear to god I'm going to beat that kid up" I say frustrated. "Chase, you can't!" Maddie says back, sternly. "Why not? I told him last time if he stepped near Els again he would have to deal with me. I did warn him" I say annoyed. "Yeah but you can't! You're an adult, he's 15 Chase!" Maddie says, almost shouting. "I don't give a fuck Maddie! First he raped my daughter and now he's beat her up. Bad enough that she can't even move from being in pain. This is the second time Mads, I'm not having it anymore" I say, grabbing my things and going to leave the house.

"Chase Stokes! Come here right now" she shouts at me. "I love you Mads, I do. But no" I say and get in my car. She just flips me off. I drive towards the school, it's only 3:00pm so the school day would be ending soon. I was hoping I could stop Josh and speak to him. I know I'm an adult and shouldn't be doing this shit but it's my daughter. I care about her too much to just let this happen, especially for the second time.

As I pull up to school, I was going to wait until the school day ended in 20 minutes but I saw Josh kissing a girl. I guess that must be Lauren and they must be skipping class. I get out my car, maintaining my anger and my want to punch Josh. "Hey, stop making out" I say, angrily and they jump away from each other. "Ayyy Chase, long time no see" Josh says happily. "Yeah and for a fucking reason? Who's this, your girl?" I ask pointing to Lauren. "Yep, Lauren. My girlfriend actually" he says, putting his arm around her shoulders. "Did you rape her too?" I say, I hated this. "Woah chill man. We both know that's a lie" he says laughing. "Look I know you two beat her up today" I say.

"Yeah well she threw first punch" Lauren says. "For a good fucking reason. I've saw the messages you've sent her. Leaving someone to just bleed out and unable to move is low. Even for you Josh" I say and he laughs. "I don't find this funny" I say and punch him in the face, not hard though. It made his nose bleed but nothing too bad.

"I warned you last time buddy. I meant it. I told you not to go near my daughter. Now will you stay away from her and leave her alone. Both of you?" I say and get no reply. He just shrugs his shoulders. I punch him again. "I asked a question!" I shout. "Fine. We will" he says. "And I'm telling your principal. But if either of you speak a word of what happened with us, I'll make sure it's worse next time. Do you understand?" I say and they both don't reply. I slap him, not badly but enough to get a reaction. "I said, do you understand?" I say sternly.

"Yes Sir" Lauren says and I nod and look at Josh. "Yes Chase" he says and I nod and walk back to my car. I know it was wrong of me to punch him but he deserved it and now he won't bother Ellie anymore, hopefully. I drive back home but only open our front door to an angry Mads.

"I swear to god Chase if you beat him up!" She says, clearly annoyed. "Look Mads, I did. Not badly just a punch or two. He won't bother her again" I said and she rolls her eyes. "I can't fucking believe you Chase" she says hitting my chest. "I'm sorry for sticking up for our daughter? Cuddles won't solve everything Mads" I say getting frustrated. "You're an adult Chase! It's wrong to punch a 15 year old" She says. "And it's not wrong to rape someone, huh?" I say and she just stays quiet. "No but..." she begins to say until Ellie hobbles in.

"Thanks Dad. I heard it all and you did the right thing. Thank you" she says walking over to me. I wrap my arms around her but she winces, clearly in pain. "I'm sorry, Els. I didn't mean to" I say. She just giggles, "It's fine. Mom, don't be mad at Dad because of me" she says, looking up at Maddie. "Oh I'm mad. But then I know he did do the right thing, he was just sticking up for you" she says and I lean over and kiss my wife. "Els, you shouldn't be walking. You need to rest" Mads saying. "I'm bored though. There's literally nothing on Netflix that I haven't saw" she says, complaining.