Chapter 36

Madelyns pov
It's been a day since Addie was born. Needless to say it's been a hell of a day. I've been in so much pain and although having our baby girl on my arms helped. It was currently 2am and I was still in hospital. I was being realised later on in the day. Ellie and Madison left a couple of hours ago and Chase was asleep on the hospital couch. Adelaide was sleeping too but I couldn't sleep at all. I was in a lot of pain but I didn't want to bother a nurse incase they thought I was being dramatic or something.

The only thing pushing me through it was the thought of seeing everyone meet Addie. The Pate's are travelling out and staying with us for a week tomorrow, Ellie didn't know though. We decided to let Cooper surprise her. I tried sitting up and reaching over for my phone but I winced and whispered in pain. It wasn't quiet enough because Chase woke up. "Mads? Are you awake?" He asks and opens his eyes to look over at me. "I haven't slept" I say with a nervous laugh. "What, why not?" He asks, sitting up and walking over to my bed. "I'm in pain" I say, worried for his response. I didn't want to bother any doctors or nurses right now. "Why didn't you wake me? How bad is the pain?" He says. I shrug, "You were too comfy and I don't know, quite bad" I reply.

"Let me go get the nurse" He says. "What! No!" I say stopping him. "Why not, you're in pain baby" he says. "I don't want to bother them" I say quietly. He comes over to me and sits on the side of my bed, taking my hand in his. "That's their job. They're here to make you feel better Mads. They don't mind at all. The sooner the pain goes, the sooner we get to take you and Addie home" he tells me. He was right, I had to tell the nurses. "Okay, can you go tell them please?" I ask him. "Of course, where's your pain, my love?" He asks and I smile at the nickname he calls me. "It's mainly in my stomach but when I move it's really painful" I say and he nods. He stands up, kisses my hand and leaves the room to go get someone.

It was only a short few minutes until Chase returned with a nurse behind him. "Hello Miss Cline. I've been told you're having pain?" She says and I tell her about it all. "That's completely normal. Nothing to worry about. I know it's not nice though but it should go away throughout the night. I can give you some pain medication and it could help you get to sleep easier?" She asks and I nod, anything to help me sleep the pain away. Whilst she got it, Addie starting whimpering. "I've got her" Chase says. She began to cry so Chase rocked her in his arms. He was amazing with her. "Will you hold her a second while I take my shirt off. It's better skin to skin contact" he says and I take our precious daughter in my arms. "I love you baby girl" I say, in a baby voice and gave her back to my husband. She was calmed down instantly. "Do you think she needs feeding. I checked her diaper and it's fine" Chase says. "Yeah she's due one. Pass her here" I say and hold my baby in my arms and situate her so we are both comfortable enough for the feed and within seconds, she's having a feed. I loved being a Mom.

After her feed, I set her back in her hospital crib. "You ready for sleep now mrs?" Chase asks. "I fucking am" I say, definitely about to fall asleep. "Can I cuddle with you?" I ask him, wanting to cuddle him since it's been such a long day. "Of course, do you want me to join you on the bed or you on the couch?" He asks. "The bed" I say and he walks over to me and joins me. I immediately settle when my head lays on his chest. "You're such a strong woman. I love you. Go to sleep, my love" he says, kissing my forehead and stroking my back. "I love you more" I say and drift off to sleep.

Ellies pov
Even though it was 3am, me and Madison were still awake and watching a movie with Mariah. I was staying at theirs for the night. I didn't expect my phone to light up but I instantly smiled when I saw what appeared on my screen.