Chapter 48

Ellies pov
Monday. School day. Lauren. Josh.
That was just some thoughts going around my mind right now. It was 8am, time for Dad to drop me off at school. "Are you sure you're ready? We can tell the principal to let you stay off..." Dad rambles on but I playfully push him and smile. "Look, I'm ready. Am I nervous? Fuck yeah. But can I do it? Yeah" I say which makes him happy. Mom comes out and talks to me before I leave, "I believe in you Els. If you need us, just call us. Plus, I'm sure you'll enjoy today especially" she says, smiling at Dad. They were being extremely weird today but I just shrug it off, they can be weird sometimes.

"Have a good day, Els. I love you" Dad says as we pull up to the school. I found Zoe's Instagram when it all happened a few weeks ago and we've been messaging and FaceTiming ever since. I told her the full story and she hates Josh and Lauren. She was waiting for me at the school parking lot where Dad drops me off. As dad pulls into the space, I see Zoe waving so I wave back. When I get out, Dad rolls the car window down, "Hi Zoe. Thank you for being such a good friend to her" He says. "No problem, Chase. Glad I could be there for her" Zoe says and her and Dad are smiling at each other, sneakily.

"Hold up. What are y'all hiding from me. First you and Mom and now you and Zoe" I say confused. Dad just laughs and points behind me. I turn around and see Cooper, Kiki and Lilah in school clothes. "Say hi to your new classmates" Dad says and my mouth hangs open, shocked. "What the fuck" I say. "It's true, we joined here today's the first day" Lilah says and I just hug them all. "Guys this is Zoe, a good friend of mine. Zoe this is Cooper my boyfriend and my best friends, Lilah and Kiki" I say pointing them out.

Once my Dad leaves, all of us talk. It looked like Zoe was going to be great friends with the others. This is the first time I'm entering this school without anxiety. "I can't believe you kept this a secret from me" I say to my friends. "Well it was last minute. I hope you don't mind us here" Kiki says. "Girl shut up, you know I always want y'all here" I say and they laugh. We had every single class together, all 5 of us which was great.

First period was Math and guess who's in our class... Lauren and Josh. But this time I wasn't scared. I wasn't nervous. I wasn't shy. As soon as we walked in Lauren scoffed, "Look who it is now" she says rolling her eyes. "Shut the fuck up" I say back. They both looked surprised and I looked at Zoe, who was trying not to laugh. "Who's this? Your little freak squad?" She asks. "Actually you might wanna ask your boy. He was in our friend group last year, you know before he became a bully and dare I say.... rapist?" Kiki says, sticking up for me. "Look bitch, don't even bother anymore. Come for me if you want but I'm not scared of you anymore" I say and push past her with the others to all sit at the table in the back. "Yes girl" Zoe says high-fiving me.

My phone vibrates so I quickly check before the teacher comes in and I smile when I read it, I knew they were acting weird this morning.

Mom❤️
Hope u liked the surprise. Have a
good day, love you 😘

Maths went by pretty quickly, as did the other classes. It was not lunch and Me, Zoe, Cooper, Kiki and Lilah were all sat together. "You're literally the only guy. Go make friends bro" Lilah says teasing Cooper. "Hey, I like being friends with yous. Unless you want me to go?" He asks. "Shut up Coop, we want you hear don't listen to your sister" I say and Zoe looks shocked, "Wait Lilah and Cooper are siblings?" She asks shocked and i just laugh a little. "Yep and Kiki is their cousin" I say and tell her everything about our friend group and how we met on outer banks as well as how Mom and Dad adopted me. I don't normally tell people this stuff but I know she's going to be a good friend of ours.

"Do you all wanna come to mine after school?" I ask, Mom said they could all come over. Everyone says yes but Zoe looked uneasy. "Zo? You okay?" I ask and she nods. "Dude you know famous people. Shit even your parents are famous" she says. "They don't act famous, they're down to earth. Trust me" Cooper says to Zoe. "Plus, you've already met my Dad. He's cool, don't worry" I tell her and she agrees to coming over. I text Mom and tell her the plans and she was happy that I was happy again.

@elliestokes : clearly lilah isn't use to public school 🙂↳ 22 comments@jonaspate : of course that's my daughter 🙄@zoe

↳ 22 comments
@jonaspate : of course that's my daughter 🙄
@zoe.hall : public school is tough, man
@lilah.pate : i HATE chemistry dude
@hichasestokes : she use to sleep during homeschooling too....

pate : i HATE chemistry dude@hichasestokes : she use to sleep during homeschooling too

@zoe.hall : girl squad 🧍🏼‍♀️🧍🏻‍♀️🧍🏼‍♀️🧍🏻‍♀️
↳ 8 comments
@coop.pate : thanks :)
   reply from @zoe.hall : my bad, shame u had to wait for us outside
@elliestokes : love you zo ❤️
@kikipatee : the best squad.
@lilah.pate : why can't I jump

"Yo I'm feeling left out on the instas" Cooper says making all of us laugh. "Here's a cute one of you and Els I took" Kiki says and shows us, it was pretty cute. "I'll post it, to stop the whining boy" I say, jokingly and Cooper playfully pushes me away rolling his eyes.

 "I'll post it, to stop the whining boy" I say, jokingly and Cooper playfully pushes me away rolling his eyes

@elliestokes : classes < lunch
↳ 23 comments
@coop.pate : about time
@coop.pate : but dis is cute, I love you
@lilah.pate : not with y'all's pda 😒
@kikipatee : YOU DID STEAL MY CANDY THERES THE WRAPPER. LIAR
@zoe.hall : goals.
@rudeth : go do school work losers