Chapter 15

Chases pov
I drove back to our apartment, relieved to know Mads was in safe hands but also anxious. I didn't bother going to our apartment, I went straight to Rudy's to see Ellie. I knock on the door and Rudy answers and tells me to come in. "Hi Mi" I say to our puppy who runs up to me straight away. I look around and see Elaine making breakfast but no Ellie in sight.

"Where is she?" I ask, confused. "Oh she's in the shower. She should be out soon" Elaine says and I nod. A couple of minutes later, my sister comes out the bathroom door and smiles when she sees me. "How's Maddie. Wait why did you leave her alone? Is she still in hospital?" She asks, bombarding me with questions. I can't help but laugh slightly. "She's fine. She has appendicitis. So her appendix has ruptured. She's in surgery right now and it's a 3 hour surgery so I thought to come by and see you until I have to go back. She'll be out tomorrow night, hopefully" I tell the three who were eager to know. I hear Ellie sigh with relief. "It was awful seeing her like that this morning" she tells me and I agree.

"Chase, I'm making pancakes. Do you want some? I've made extra" Elaine says. "Oh my god, thank you E. I would love pancakes" I say. The four of us sat and ate our pancakes and were just talking. "Are you staying overnight?" Rudy asks, referring to the hospital. I nod, "Yeah, if that's okay with Ellie. And if it's okay for her to stay here of course" I tell my best friend. "Of course she can stay here!" Rudy tells me. "Of course it's okay. Madelyn needs you more than me right now." Ellie says and I smile.

I stayed at Rudy and Elaines apartment for another hour and then me and Ellie walked down to ours. She needed things because she was staying with Rudy and Elaine and I needed things for Mads and I. "You can come visit tomorrow if you want? I would let you come now but I don't know how she's going to be after surgery" I tell her as I open to apartment door. "Don't worry. Just text me and let me know she's okay, please?" She asks and I nod. We go into separate rooms but 15 minutes later we join back up in the kitchen with everything we needed.

I walked Ellie back to Rudy's and then walked to the parking lot. "Hey man, I heard about Madelyn. How's she doing?" I hear JD say as I passed his apartment and he was leaving. "Hi. She's doing fine. I'm just about to go stay with her now." I say and talk to him for about 5 minutes.

It was a quiet ride to the hospital, I couldn't wait to have her back in my arms. I hated seeing either of them in pain. I wish I could replace them and be the one in pain instead. As soon as I got there, the nurse stopped me and told me Maddie would be out in 10 minutes and everything went perfectly.

As soon as she got wheeled back into the room, I sat on the chair next to her bed. She wouldn't wake up for another 5 minutes. I held her hand and stroked her hair gently. "I am in love with you. I love you so much" I whisper. She couldn't hear me but I didn't care. About 5 minutes later, her eyes fluttered open. She looked confused as to where she was. I squeezed her hand gently. "Hello beautiful" I smile at her. She smiles gently to me. "Am I okay now? I can't really feel pain now" She asks, furrowing her eyebrows. I nod, "it went perfectly they said. You should be allowed home tomorrow night but no work for you this week" I say, knowing she hates missing work. "But-" she goes to say but I cut he off. "You were only at work for 3 days this week. Jonas isn't letting you back until you're healed so don't try it" I say, joking with her but she just laughs.

"I'm in love with you too" she says, smiling towards me. "You heard me?" I say shocked, I didn't realise she could hear me. She nods, "Yeah. I was awake but I couldn't really move. If you know what I mean" she says and I nod. "Where's Ellie?" She asks me. "She's staying with Rudy and Elaine still. She was worried about you" I say and she replies with, "Aw bless her, she's the best." There was a TV in her hospital room so I put some Netflix on for her. "Go to sleep, you didn't manage to get much sleep" I say and she nods gently. "Don't leave" she says. "I'll be here, holding your hand the entire time" I reassure her. I was proud of her. I know how much she hates hospitals and doctors, just like Ellie. Speaking of Ellie, I decided to text her to let her know.