Chapter 39

Madelyns pov
It was still early morning but we wanted to get the kids up and head off pretty early to go to the beach. It would be Olivia's first time to go to the beach with us and she was so excited. We were all currently sat at the breakfast table, minus Ellie because she still hasn't came down. Chase made everyone pancakes and blueberries, which we soon learn was Olivias favourite - just like Ellie.

"Coop do you know where Ellie is?" I ask him, since he was living with us at the minute. The Pates were actually looking into buying a house here in Los Angeles as-well as their house back in Charleston. "She was still asleep when I got up, do you want me to go check on her?" He asks. "It's all good, you just eat your pancakes. I'll go" I say and begin to head up to Ellie's room.

She was sat on the edge of her bed, with her head in her hands and her eyes tightly shut. "Is everything okay? Dads making your favourite blueberry and pancakes" I say, entering her bedroom. "I have an awful headache, Mom" she says, looking up at me. "How much sleep did you get?" I ask, knowing how she can get unwell if she hasn't slept that much. "Not much" she says back almost immediately. "How come?" I ask. "I don't know.. thoughts?" She says and rests her head on my shoulder. "Bad thoughts or good thoughts?" I ask calmly. Me and Chase both know how Els has struggled with her mental health in the past with everything that happened.

"Um... I guess you could say bad. But not like they use to be. Just overthinking, you know" she says. "You could've woken me up, I've told you it doesn't matter what time it is, if you need me I'll wake up immediately" I say, seriously. "I know but I didn't wanna bother you. You haven't slept much yourself with Addie being born. I was gonna go into the guest room to see Cooper but I didn't wanna wake him either" she tells me.

"Promise me you'll come wake me up if you struggle again?" I ask, holding my pinky out for her. "I promise" she says and connects our pinky fingers. I kiss her forehead gently and say, "You can stay home if you don't want to come to the beach. I'll stay home with you" I tell her but she shakes her head. "It'll be fine, I love the beach and want to be there for Olivias first time with us" she tells me smiling. "Are you coming down for your dads famous pancakes?" I say laughing and she nods.

I get up to leave her bedroom, "Oh and Mom?" She says stopping me so I turn around to face her. "Do you have any Advil... I have cramps" she says. "Aw my little baby is falling apart today" I say and she just laughs and follows me downstairs. "Good morning, Els. Sleep well?" Chase asks as Ellie sits down at the breakfast table, next to a hyper Olivia. "Not really" she says, laughing. I go to join them and hand Els some Advil. "Thanks Mom" she tells me and Chase looks towards me, worried. I just mouth, 'cramps' towards him and he nods his head understandingly.

As soon as we all ate our breakfast, I helped Olivia get dressed and we left the house to go down to the beach shortly after. Olivia loved it, she was running around chasing Milo. "Mi Mi, come here" she says shouting and laughing when Milo runs over to her and chases her. Cooper and Chase were in the water, surfing as normal but Ellie was just sat next to me, holding Addie.

"You alright?" I ask. "Yeah, I'm good" she says. I knew she was lying but she would tell me if she felt too unwell and wanted to go home. I took some pictures of Olivia. I saw Olivia watch Chase surfing and she was jumping up and down in excitement. "Mommy! Mommy! Can i try surfing like Dad?" She asks me. "You can ask Dad when he's close to shore" I say and she immediately shouts over to Chase when he's nearby. "Can I have a go, Dad?" She asks shyly.

"You wanna come surfing with me?" He asks, smiling. I can tell he's so excited that Olivia has taken an interest in surfing. "Yeah" she says and she grabs a hold of Chases hand. "Don't let go of me, I'll hold you to help you" Chase tells her and they begin walking into the sea. I take a few photos. "It feels like yesterday when that was me" Ellie says smiling. "You're so lucky to have Chase" I say. "Oh I know. I simply wouldn't be here without him" she tells me which makes me sad but happy at the same time. Cooper soon joined us back on the beach whilst Chase was still teaching Olivia surfing tips.