Chapter 47

Ellies pov
We got back from Hawaii early this morning, today was Sunday and I told Mom and Dad I would try to go back to school tomorrow. I was nervous as hell, but I'm more confident than I was a few weeks ago and I need to stand up for myself.

I was also seeing Cooper, Lilah and Kiki today. They bought a house here in LA and have moved here. They still kept their house in Charleston though because of filming and their family. I can't wait to have them here with me all the time and not just over FaceTime.

"Dad. Mom. Please can we just go to theirs now" I say frustrated. They said we couldn't go for another hour because Addie was still sleeping. "I'll wake her up myself. Please guys" I say again and Dad cracks a smile. "Fine, go get your stuff and I'll wake Addie. Meet you in the car in 5" Dad says and I take Olivias hand and make sure she's in her car seat. Mom joins us moments after and then once Addie is fastened in, we drive to the Pate's house.

I excitedly get out the car and the door swings open, revealing Cooper. I haven't saw him in over a month and even longer since I was with Lilah and Kiki. "Coop!" I say jumping into his arms. "I missed you" he says, putting me down after kissing me. "How are you doing?" He asks and I smile, "better now you're here" I say giggling and then run over to Kiki and Lilah, engulfing them in a hug.

I then greet Jonas and Jen, they're like my second parents. Olivia loved Lilah so she was all excited. Addie didn't really know what was going on. "It feels like years ago since we were all together. Now these two are growing big" Jonas says, meaning Olivia and Addie. "I know, it's crazy" Dad says.

We all gather around in their living room, I sit next to Cooper obviously but Lilah is on the other side of me so I was talking to her whilst Coop was talking to my Dad. "I'm glad you're happy now" she tells me. "Thank you. By the way. If it wasn't for you facetiming me at 3am when I woke up panicking, it would've been worse" I say. When I was struggling with sleep, I could always rely on Lilah to be awake and answer me to calm me down. She was the best.

Kiki joined us and joined in on the conversation. "That bitch Lauren text me you know, arguing with me. Guess who won the argument" Kiki says sassily and flicks her hair. "Hmm, Lauren?" I say smirking but Kiki pretends to be shocked. "How dare you! I won. Here look" she says and throws her phone at me. Good job I caught it.

I read the messages and couldn't stop laughing, she definitely beat Lauren's ass over messages. "Thank you" I say. "You don't have to say that. Whatever you go through, we are by your side" Kiki says and Lilah and Cooper agree.

@coop

@coop.pate : who reunited... us ❤️
↳ 237 comments
@elliestokes : best day❤️
@hichasestokes : omg US????
@madisonbaileybabe : I was waiting for this.
@drewstarkey : simp
@lilah.pate : I took this :)

pate : I took this :)

@lilah.pate : dude we're getting the band back together 🥺
↳ 308 comments
@kikipatee : love you li!
@elliestokes : my family ❤️
@coop.pate : nothings better than this
@rudeth : shit y'all cute
@madelynstokes : adorable

pate : nothings better than this@rudeth : shit y'all cute@madelynstokes : adorable

@elliestokes : bro stop stealing my sister.
↳ 89 comments
@coop.pate : TECHNICALLY she stole u from me first 🤷🏻‍♂️
@jonathandaviss : Olivia > Ellie
reply from @elliestokes : to think u were my fav pogue :/
reply from @madisonbaileybabe : girl...WHAT
reply from @rudeth : i am offended.
reply from @hichasestokes : looks like u offended us all Els, good job.
@elliestokes : I was joking🧍🏼‍♀️I love all of you the same :)

"I gotta take this call.. it's my manager" Dad says and excuses himself to another room. We were all sat together and Cooper and Olivia were playing tag running around the house so Mom came and sat next to me. "I'm proud of you Els, more than you'll ever know" she tells me and I smile and rest my head on her shoulder. "To think you were this shy fragile 13 year old that came into my life and over the years I've known you, you've became one of the most important people in my life and watching you grow and get more confident each day is a blessing" she says, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Are you crying?" I ask surprised and she nods. "I am just really happy you're trying your best for us and we love you. You know, ever since the moment we met, I knew that I wanted you to be more in my life. Look at you now, you made me a Mom" she says and I smile. "You know, I would still be that shy snd fragile little girl if it wasn't for you. You helped me so much Mom" I say and she goes to talk until Dad walks in, shocked.

"What's up Chase, you okay?" Jonas asks worried. He just froze still. "I got the job" he whispers but loud enough for everyone to hear him. "Yeahh babe" Mom says and jumps up, hugging Dad. "That's amazing!" Jonas and Jen tell him.

Dad auditioned for this movie, he showed me it and I pushed him to audition. His character is the main character of an action movie with loads of famous people... like Zendaya. I jump up, hugging my Dad "I'm so happy for you Dad" I say and he wraps his arms around me. "This is all because and for you kiddo" he says and it makes me smile.

"When do you start?" Cooper asks him and I notice Dad tense up. "Here's the thing. I don't know whether to take the job or not" he says and I cut him off, "What? Dad you have to it's like once in a lifetime opportunity for this exact movie" I say but he shakes his head. "Filming is in Italy. It starts in two weeks right up until the week before we shoot season 3 of obx" he says. "I can't leave your Mom with the job of looking after 3 kids and a dog for 2 and a bit months" he says.

"Of course you can! Look Chase, I'll be ok. I'm sure Ellie will help and the kids are pretty well behaved. This is your dream" Mom says and Dad looks at her. "Are you sure?" He asks, double checking. Mom nods, "Positive" she replies.

"Well then, I've got the job" he says and we all cheer and congratulate him. Not gonna lie, I will miss him. A lot. But I know he is doing what he loves and it's an incredible cast and movie.