Chapter 41

My life just kept getting worse. I had missed so many shifts at work and had called in sick. I went to go talk to Matty and he had to let me go. He said he was so sorry. That's all anyone ever said to me nowadays. That they were sorry.

I just keep fucking up. School had even called saying I need to come more often and that I am on edge of failing classes. What did anything even matter anymore.
Maybe I should just drop out, fuck school. Why had I even wanted to go to a stupid Ivy League anyway.
I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life.

It would just be a waste, plus it was so expensive. What are the chances of me even getting a scholarship?

It's been almost a week since I have spoken to Julian. I have started typing texts and planned on calling him but I just can't brave myself to do it.

I have to look for another job. I had a meeting with that judge. He had granted me emancipation but I had to find a job and keep going to school. Two things I didn't even want to do right now.
I had to move out in two weeks as the bank was taking back the house. I had packed everything I was keeping, but finding a place would be impossible.

Mum's life insurance hadn't even come yet. Everything was just weighing me down. I wish it'd just all stop.

I walked around the city, not many places were hiring. A car pulled up ahead of me and two laughing girls got out. They were wearing big heels and little clothing. They parked and walked inside a building.
It was still early, four in the afternoon. I looked at the sign above. A strip club, seriously? Life brought me here?

I did need the money and strippers had lots of it. Plus, like I kept telling myself. What else did I have to lose?
I walked inside, it was dead. There were only about four males in this place, ladies on their laps.

'Hey!' I looked beside me. A tall lady had spoken. 'Are you here to auditon?' She asked.

'Oh um...I don't know. I was just thinking about it, I can't even dance.' I joked. 'Well, it's not a huge problem. Most girls that come to us don't know at first. We teach pretty much everything you need to know.' She spoke.

'Seriously?' I asked. 'Yeah!' She smiled. 'You have a decently nice body. You could audition, we are hiring.' She smiled.

I felt the light burst in when the doors opened behind me. 'Well...'
'No! Piss off.' I turned around. I rolled my eyes. The lady walked off.

'What are you doing here Ezra?'
'Come with me.' I followed him outside into the light. 'How the hell did you find me?
'Saw you. Kaden's bar is across the road.'
'Of course, it is.'

'What are you doing here?'
'Spoken to Julian?' I shook my head. 'Yeah well, he's pissed off. And fucked himself up.'
'What are you talking about?'
'He's gone back to his old hobby of drinking. I fucking knew you were gonna fuck my family up.'
'Guess I just have a special touch.'
'Yeah, let's go with that.' Ezra said.

'Look, you still have a problem with us.'
'Yes, I know. I'll pay you back, why'd you think I was at the strip club? Getting my rocks off?'
'Don't ever say that to me again!' He acted disgusted.

'It's not the money. But yes, you will still pay us.'
'Then what?'
'Your blood.'
'Excuse me?' Now I was disgusted. 'Your blood is still in Da'Von's mob. Whether your father is dead or not.'
'How come?'
'You have an uncle, he still works for Da'Von.' Ezra explained. 'Of course, I do.' Twist, after twist. 'So?'
'So, you chose us. Whether it's with Julian or not. You break it you die.'
'I chose...'
'Shut up!' He ordered me. 'You already chose. You're with us.'
'Oh yeah, Julian's gonna love that.'
'Who said he has to know?' He hinted. 'My sister will kill me if I kill you so, you want work? You gotta prove yourself.' He opened a car door and nodded for me to enter. I sat down and he closed the door after him. 'How?' I asked. 'Gotta prove yourself.'