Chapter 31

I had crashed back at the motel for the rest of the day, I didn't want to go back to school and I sure as hell wasn't going back to my house.
The room felt so big and lonely.
One of those spaces where I could see myself sitting on the bed crying.

It was almost six thirty. I had tried sleeping but the sun seeped through the curtains and the trains, those damn trains.
I had managed to turn the TV off. Unplugging it from the wall.
I packed my things into the car and gave the key back to reception.

Julians fight had just started but I wanted to go anyway. I drove down the streets, I feel like I hadn't been here in so long.
The lot was packed but some people were still outside smoking.
What was the point of coming to a match if you weren't going to see it?
I pushed my way inside.

'ROUND TWO!' Someone called.
I found Matteo standing at the back.
'Zoie! Hey girl, I haven't seen ya in a bit.'
'Yeah sorry, busy with homework.' I lied.
'Ahh all good then, gotta stay in school kid.' He kissed my cheek.

There in the ring was Julian, his face red.

'He's winning!' Matteo spoke. He had to yell, I could barely hear him over all the yelling and shouting.
He was punching hard. He actually didn't look too bad.
On the other side of the place I could see two tables.
The faces sitting there I recognised. The twins and Kaden and Gabriel. Beside Ezekiel and Ezra were two guys I didn't know.
One of the guys faces was smiling, almost turned on by the fight?
It was just a disgusting face.

Ezekiel was watching the fight intensely, his eyes for a moment flicked away and found mine.
His smirk dropped, nice to know feelings haven't changed.
He leaned over and whispered something to Ezra, Ezras face shortly pointed directly at mine.
Ezra lit a cigarette and turned his attention away from me and back at the fight.
A shiver went along my spine. I felt sick, the twins never felt good about me but this was different. It felt worst, somehow.

'ROUND THREE.'

Ezekiels eyes were still on me, he tapped Kaden.
Kaden got up and stood between the twins. Ezra whispering something back to him.
Kaden just like his brothers met my eyes. But instead of turning away he started walking towards me. Worry and fury in his eyes at the same time.
'Matteo.' Kaden spoke as he approached.
'I'll be back.' Matteo said walking off.

'You need to leave, like right now.' Kaden warned me.
'Why? I always see Julian fight.'
'Not this time.' He grabbed my arm and pulled me outside. Bumping roughly past people.
We exited the doors, there were three guys smoking to the left. He pulled me right.
'Get in your car and go.' He ordered again.
'What's going on?' I asked.
'None of your business, how did you even find out about this fight?' He asked.
'Little birds.' I mentioned. It seemed to make him more worried and more angry.

'I'm serious Zoie, you can't be here.'
'Why not?!'
'You're putting yourself in danger by being here. By talking to me, leave!'
He dropped my arm and I turned to leave but someone blocked my path.
Anger washed all through me.

There right in front of me was my father. Wearing a fresh blue suit and everything. The suit looked new, and one he couldn't afford with old cash.
'Zoie?'
'Dad?' I asked.
'Kaden.' Andrew nodded to Kaden standing behind me.
'Wait this is your father? Please tell me you're joking?!' Kaden snickered.

'What the hell are you doing here?' I asked. My hands curling into fists.
'What are you doing here?' He asked.
'You first!'
He shifted his posture.
'I don't have to answer to you. How do you know Kaden Ramos?' He questioned.
I crossed my arms over my chest to contain all my anger.
'Is he the boy you're dating?!' Andrew yelled.
'What? No!' I screamed back.