Chapter 49

I was waiting in my car outside the warehouse with Harry. Ezra had asked me to come by with him, which probably meant good news. Well good for the situation we were in.

'This seems stupid.' Harry spoke. He was leaning his head against the back rest. 'I'm sorry.' I say.
'For what?'
'For getting you involved again.' He just shrugged.
'Wasn't really your fault, either way I would have to be involved again. Just wouldn't have been with these guys.' True I guess. Our Uncle would have wanted Harry in as soon as possible. I thought about the gang Harry was in, in England. I wondered what they were like!
Did it work the same way over there as it did here?

I got out and harry followed. There were a few cars parked along the road, as I walked inside I could see a lot of people. Running around doing stuff. I saw Miguel over by the open garage doors working on a car. Sweat covered his brow, his hands were black from the engine.

I walked up the stairs and knocked on the door, it opened suddenly. Harry hadn't said anything since leaving the car. But he didn't seem nervous, he was so much more serious and braver than I was.
Standing in front of me was Kaden, he nodded for us to walk in. It was Kaden the twins and their mates Johnson and Derek. We all stood silently for what seemed like the longest moment. 'Alright, talk later.' Ezra said. Johnson, who still didn't like me, walked out giving me a dirty look. Derek right behind.

'So never thought I'd see you again.' Ezra said to Harry. 'Trust me, we're in the same boat.' Harry replied.
'So, lets clean this mess up. You want to join well it's not as easy as said. You have to prove yourself.' Ezra explained.
'And I will, I'm not here to mess around. Zoie is with you guys. That means I have to choose to right?' The twins stood listening.
'Yeah.'
'So, I'm with Zoie. She's my sister. So I'll choose you guys. That's not a tough choice.'
'I don't know how things work with Da'Von but things here are a little different.' Ezekiel finally spoke up.

'Zoie give us a moment.' Ezra ordered. I looked at Harry. His face was stern. I walked back downstairs, leaving my brother alone with them.

I saw Julian, standing over by Miguel talking. He wasn't looking at me, I didn't even know if knew I was here. But when he passed by me, he glanced but that was all.
He walked up the stairs into the room where Harry was.
How long were they going to talk for?

I walked over to Miguel.

'Hola.' I said smirking. 'Buenos Dias.' (Good day.) He replied.
'So, where'd you get this beauty?' I asked looking at the car. I wasn't sure what kind it was or even the name but it looked pretty nice.

'Somewhere.' He replied smiling. 'It's a mustang.' He explained. 'Are you even old enough to drive yet?'
'Technically no!'
'Did Julian make you steal it?'
'So, how was it stealing the Pontiac?' He asked avoiding my question. 'Man, so fun! I should really be a pro driver.' He started laughing. 'That good huh?'
'I'm amazing.'
'I'll have to take your word.' He bends over, his hand disappearing into the engine. He had a black mark on his face.

'Hey!' I look up. Standing near me is a guy called Frankie. He has a black eye and looks a bit worn out. 'Uh hey, Frankie right?' I ask.' 'Yeah, what's your name?' He asked. he seemed chirper than most guys around here.
'I'm Zoie. This is Miguel.' I say, pointing over to the thin boy checking oil.
'Nice car, where'd you buy this?' Frankie asks.

Miguel doesn't respond. I can see him looking uncomfortable.
'Uh, he doesn't speak English that well.' I lie.

A while ago Kaden and Gabriel had warned me about this guy name Frankie. They said they didn't trust him. Was he the rat? Was he trying to get info out of Miguel right now?

'What's up?' I ask him. 'Is Kaden around.'
'He's in a meeting right now.'
'Oh right, what about?' The more questions Frankie asked the more I was starting to question his intentions.
Then again, I did ask a load of questions. But I was connected to this family before I even knew they were apart of a mafia.

I had been so afraid of the Ramos brothers at first there was no chance I would have ever snitched.

'Stuff I guess.' I finally reply.
'Right, right. Can I go up?' He asks. 'You better stay down here, wait till they're done.' I was wary of him. He looked nothing like a cop would, he was covered in tats. He had some tattoos on his arms. Were they real or fake though? How would anyone even have fake tattoos?

'Can I help with anything Miguel?' Frankie asked. 'I know a thing or two about cars.'
Miguel didn't answer. I didn't know if had heard him or not or if he really didn't understand.
Maybe he just didn't want to respond. That was fair.
I had learnt a little bit of Spanish.

I was practicing cause I wanted to know more. I turned to Miguel and tapped his shoulder.

'Necesitas ayuda?' (Need help?) I asked slowly, hoping I was saying it right. He started smiling as if I told a bad joke. He shook his head.

'Okay, no worries then.' Frankie walked away and into the warehouse. He sat down on a chair some where and went onto his phone. Miguel turned straight back to me.

'You've been learning.' He laughed. 'Trying to, how did I do?'
'Perfecto!' He mentioned. Well I knew that word.

'You were very quiet just then.' I spoke to Miguel. 'I've heard about that Frankie guy, no one trusts him.' He explains. 'Yeah, Kadin and Gabriel mentioned something to me too once.'

'You think he's a snitch?' I ask. Miguel shrugs his shoulders. 'All I know is the Ramos brothers don't like him very much. I don't want to get on their wrong side. If they don't like that guy, there is a good reason.'

'I mean it doesn't have to be that good of a reason. Ezekiel and Ezra seem to hate everyone.' I joke. Miguel smiles. 'Yeah, that's true.'
'So do you actually need some help?' I ask again.

'Grab the screwdriver off the front seat for me.' I leaned through the car window and picked it up. Handing it back to Miguel.
'Do you go to school?' I ask. The question seemed to catch him off guard.

'Sometimes.' He replied. 'Is there anything you actually wanted to be in this life?'
'I just wanted enough money so my ma doesn't have to work. She's sick and she cleans houses but it hurts her you know.' I nod.

I felt bad. 'Yeah, I'm sorry.' I reply. Miguel brushes it off. 'I wanted to be a Pilot.' He smiles, reaching for something in the engine.

'Seriously?' I smile. 'Yeah.' He laughs. 'My mum was a flight attendant.' I mention. His smile fades. 'Was?' He asks. 'Yeah.' My heart aches a little but I try to push my feelings way down deep.

'I bet she would have seen some lovely places.' He mentions. 'Yeah, she did.' I miss her everyday. Some day's I wake up and for a second I forget she's gone. And then it all comes right back.

'Your mum will be okay.' I tell Miguel. 'Yeah?' He asks. I nod and give him a side hug. 'Yeah, I am sure of it.' I comfort.