Chapter 52

We arrived at the clubs and the music was pumping. We got Harry to order some drinks and then we were dancing, our feet jumping on the dance floor. 
Everyone's bodies were close together. Sweat forming quickly against my skin. 

Taylors hands were on my body as we dance. Harry was beside us, suddenly a guy came over to Harry and they started dancing and now we were all moving with the beats. Our hearts beating fast together. 
We got some more drinks and the alcohol filled our systems. A guy approached behind me but Harry pushed him away. 
Cock blocker. 

Up and down and up and down and up and down. Heat covered my face but it was nice. I loved this moment, I loved the music and the exhaustion and the heat. I loved the movement.

'THE DREAMS WE HAD THE LOVE WE SHARED! THIS IS WHAT WE'RE WAITING FOR!' I sang. I moved my hands through my hair and Taylor and I moved our bodies closer. The music pounded in my ears, I could feel it in my throat.
Taylor and I kept dancing, bodies grinding on bodies yet no one even cared. 

I looked back over to Harry, his lips were connected with that guys. Their hands on each other, I guess he was blissfully distracted. 
'COME ON!' I shouted to Taylor. 'LET'S GET SOME AIR!' I grabbed her hand and she trailed me through the club and outside. The air knocked me out almost, biting at my skin but I embraced it. 

We sat down at a table and relaxed for a moment. 

Then Harry came over, the guy he had been kissing right behind. 'You alright?' He asked me. 'Yeah! Needed a breather.'
'I'll go get us some drinks.' The random guy spoke and walked off. I hadn't felt like this in so long! When was the last time I had really gone clubbing? I remembered back to the night I had met Taylor and her brothers. 

It had been so long ago, almost a year now. Sometimes I wish I could go back to that night. Even for a second. 

'So?' Taylor asked Harry. 'He's cute.'
'Yeah he is!'
'What's his name?' I asked now. 'Dylan.' He replied. 'You guys gonna go somewhere private later?' Taylor questioned him. Harry looked over at me, shy like. 'Maybe.' How long had we been here anyway? I looked down at my phone. Holy shit! Where did the time even go? We had been here for just over an hour. 

Another Holy shit! I had a few messages from Kaden and even two from Ezra. I opened them up. 

"Are you with Luis?" Kaden had asked. I quickly replied back no. "Where are you right now?" Ezra had texted. "With Taylor." I don't know if Taylor had told her brothers or not that we were clubbing and I didn't wanna cause any trouble so I left it at that. 

Dylan came back over with four drinks. He had long light brown hair that came down behind his ears and sharp blue eyes. I could see why my brother thought he was cute. 
'Thanks Dylan.' I mentioned. 
He gave me an adorable smile when I mentioned his name. 

'So, you came here alone?' I asked him. 'I did have friends at some point but they have gone to another club.' He answered. 
'What do you do for work?' Taylor asked. Harry shook his head with a smile. 'I'm a lawyer, well I mean I will be. I am finishing my degree right night!'

'That's real smart.' She mentioned. 'Come on, unless you girls wanna keep talking about work. I wanna go back to dancing.' Harry said, he grabbed Dylan's hand and walked off. 

I grabbed Taylors and we headed back inside. 

The heat was immediate. The music loud and tasteful. We instantly started dancing again. The beat pushing our feet a little higher into the air with ever thump. It wasn't long till we started sweating again. 

Fuck I loved this!

We had decided to leave after another hour passed and were wondering the streets, people pushing past each other but no one cared or was offended at all. 

I loved this night life. The way every stranger just got along with a little help of alcohol and drugs. 
'Hold up!' Taylor paused. She pulled out her phone and was reading through messages. 
Dylan was whispering something in Harry's ear. Both smirking wildly. 

'If you guys wanna go, we're fine!' I mentioned. Harry gave me an unsure look. 'I'm serious! We'll stay together and I promise we'll be safe.' I insisted. Harry wanted to say yes, I could tell. 'Call me if ANYTHING happens. I'm serious!'
'Promise!' I winked. 

The guys walked off down the street and out of view, blending in with the crowds. I turned back to Taylor. 'What's wrong?' I asked. 

'Julian and Gabriel saw us out, he wants us to meet up with him round the corner. Or he'll tell the twins.' I rolled my eyes. Great! And I was having such a good night. 

We walked down the stone streets and to a quieter part of the clubbing district. 

Standing near the entrance of an alley was Julian and Gabriel. Of course Lucas and Cody were here too. 

'Well, well, well!' Cody smirked. I rolled my eyes again. 'Always a pleasure!' I lied. 

'What the hell are you two doing clubbing?'
'Having a bit of fun, why? You never heard of it?' Taylor asks. I can't help but smile at that. 'You two alone?'
'Well, Harry was with us but he left with a guy.' I say. 'A guy?'
'YEAH! Her brother is gay? Have a problem with that?' Taylor yells a little too loud. 

'Jesus, how much have you had to drink?' Gabriel asks her. 'Not enough!' I reply. Now Julian rolls his eyes. 

'What is your problem?' I argue with him. 'My problem?' He copies. 'Yeah!' 
'I have no problem.' 

'So you say.' 
'Hey! Both of you, stop. I'm trying to have a good night.' Taylor tells us off. She's right. I don't even know why I am fighting with Julian anymore, like I know why but I don't know WHY. 

'He's almost here.' Lucas mentions. 'Who is?' Taylor asks. 'You gonna do a drug deal right here? Out in the open?' I question. 
'Jesus, wanna say that any louder?' I open my mouth to pretend to say it as a joke but the guys don't find it very funny. 

A short brown haired kid approached with his two friends. 

'You Patrick?' Julian asks. 'Everyone just calls me Rick.'
'Don't care.' He replies. What a dick.

'Come on.' Cody says. The guys all walk further down into the alley where it's darker. 'Hey so uh....how do you know Lu?' Julian asks. Rick stands still for so long, he begins to blend into the darkness. 
'What?' He asks. 'How do you know Lu?' He asks again. Taylor and I are standing at the entrance, the air is turning colder. Man I wish we were just back inside a club. Feeling the heat touch our skin. 

Then out of nowhere Ricks two friends take of, flying towards us and out onto the street. The run down the road, leaving Rick all alone with the guys. 

Now Cody and Gabriel have a grip on Ricks collar. 

Taylor and I walk down. 'What is going on?' Taylor asks, panicky. Julian throws a punch right into Ricks stomach. 

'What the hell?!' I yell. 'Where is he right now?' Lucas asks. 'I don't know.'
'That's bullshit.' Julian swears. He punches Rick again, harder. 'Where is he? When did he get to town?' 

'I'm not telling you SHIT!' Rick yells. Rick looks only about my age. It's crazy to think he's involved in something. To be fair, I am involved in something. 'Don't lie to me Ricky.' Julian punches him in the face now. 
Even in the darkness I can see blood cover his fist. 

'Julian STOP!' Taylor yells. But her brothers ignore her completely. 

'Why is he in town?' Lu? That's who Julian was asking about. Did he mean Luis? Ezra and Kaden had made me swear I wouldn't tell their siblings. Then if it really was about Luis, how did he know? Had his brothers let it slip? 
They don't look like the guys that just let things slip. 

'I'm gonna ask you on more time.' He threatens. 'What is wrong with them? Why wont they leave him alone?' Taylor asks. I stand silent. Just gawking in on the scene before me. I walk closer to the guys. 

'I don't think you should be doing this here.' I mention, but they say nothing.

Julian punches Rick again and now the kid blacks out. They throw his body against the wall, letting it slide onto the ground. 

'Julian, why did you do that?' I ask him. He doesn't reply. Suddenly, we all turn our heads. Ricks two friends are coming back, running! They are holding knives or something. I'm standing still beside the guys. 

Taylor has pressed herself against the wall near Cody and Gabriel. 

'What did you do to him?' One of the guys ask. He come charging forward, right at Julian. I don't know if it was out of pure reaction or anything but I pushed Julian out of the way with all my strength. 
Then one of the guys rammed into me. 

I fell back, hitting my head on something hard and blacking out. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, I know publishing chapters has been a little different lately but things have been a little crazy and I got sick after going clubbing all weekend so I wasn't up to writing. But thank you so much for reading and voting, means a lot. 

As always, don't forget to leave a comment and rate if you love reading In the Middle. 

Thanks, 
D.