number 19: trip

The video I linked above is my new religion.

Ugh I want them to get back together so much that I can't stop writing. But also I have tons of shit to do. HELP!

And also,

Enjoy,

*

I had no one else in Italy so I'd asked Bendetta and others to help me pack. Unfortunately Antonio and Fiore were going to go on a date and it was planned more than a week ago. I didn't want them to cancel anything anyway.

"I can't believe you're seriously going," Bendetta said. She was sitting on my bed and I was standing in front of my wardrobe so I was looking at her from above.

"Why not?" I said. More like trying to convince myself than her. I really couldn't believe that I'd agreed to do this but I had and I didn't want to take it back.

It's not like I didn't want to go. I did. More than anything probably. I was just too nervous and Bendetta was not helping.

"You will lose the progress you made in the program." she said.

"I could go back next semester. It's not like I need money urgently."

She looked at me, unconvinced. "How do you maintain your life anyway? You are going to the USA just because you want? Are you royal or something?"

"Of course not," I said immediately. "I do freelance things and I had a small amount of savings. Also my trip is being covered by them."

Bendetta rolled her eyes. "You never tell me who are 'them'. What's so special about them?"

I really didn't need this talk right now. I didn't want what happened with Emily to happen again and I surely didn't need Bendetta's negative comments killing my mood.

"I think ı can handle it from now on." I said. Implying that I wanted her gone. She didn't look offended as I expected her to be.

"I'm just trying to be rational. I don't want you to do something you'll regret. It's your future you're talking about."

I tried not to think about she got a point. I had made my decision.

"I made irrational decisions before. Regret non of them still," I said emotionlessly. After that, she looked like she wanted to say something but she left without saying anything.

*

I didn't see her in the next three days. Even when I went to the program's office to my cancellation of attendance.

I was too busy to care. All the necessary paperwork was being handled and I'd gotten my visa. Måneskin's next stop was New York. I was going to meet them there. I was too excited to function properly. I felt like a true fangirl. Going to the concert of her favorite band. And in truth, I kinda was.

I was all packed and ready to leave. I was waiting the cab to come get me from the airport.

All the Måneskin members had texted to our group chat.

Ethan: Can't wait to see you again

Thomas: Missed you, enjoy your flight

Damiano: can't wait till you're here ;)

Victoria: fuck of David, I'm the first one in line

Looking at their messages, I knew I had done the right thing. Bendetta could go fuck herself.
I got mad at myself for saying that. She was only trying to help. I couldn't get mad at her for telling her own truths.
I got into the cab after placing my luggages. I was shaking unintentionally. I knew I had a long flight before me. Knowing that I could finally be at where i belong, had made me excited.
My body needed them as a sick person needed their pills. I needed them, as fire needed water.

I tried to calm myself down. Only thing I wanted right now was to be on time to catch their first concert in New York. According to the calculations I made, i could be right on time. I could see them in the  concert break, just like a true groupie.

Would there be others in the backstage too? I found myself asking. There usually were. And it was unfair for them if I wanted otherwise.
It wasn't my decision.

But for the first time I didn't want to share. It was selfish and I hated myself for it. But I couldn't help it.

*

Plane trip was pretty painful. All I wanted to do was land to the ground. I'd find the solution in sleeping. For hours and hours I tried to fall asleep. I had my earphones in. Listening their angelic songs. It was almost a 10 hour flight. It had felt longer than the last one and a half week.

But we finally landed. I was taken by the private car they used during their stay in New York. It was 8.30 pm. Concert started at 45. I might not be on time for the start but I sure could manage to make it to the break. And that was enough. 

*

*

Besties I know this isn't the chapter you wanted probably but it was necessary to link the chapters together. I promise I'm more excited about the 20th chapter more than you are and I'm on my way to start writing it. I'll be publishing it today if nothing unordinary happens.

Until then, take care.