number 60: finale

Even writing the title broke me into pieces... But I'll wait for the after words to cry... So for the last time...

Enjoy,

*

5 Years Later

"Are you ready?" I asked Damiano shout from the outside of the bathroom.

"Almost," I said, expecting him to leave. Lately it had been hard to avoid him. But I felt like I had to.

"Go check others." I said.

I heard his footsteps get far away. I looked at myself in the mirror. I honestly thought I looked good in the red silk dress I had on me. I fixed my red lipstick and red eyeliner before leaving the bathroom.

I ran into Vic on my way.  "Are you okay?" I asked to see if anything was wrong. "I will be once we are done with today. The stress is killing me and my feet hurt. I have no idea why they had to wait fucking 9 months to get married."

I laughed with what she said. "You're going to be okay. You know how happy they are that you agreed to do this for them."

I saw her smile brightly. She looked happy. We all knew she was happy to do this. She put one her hand to her belly.

"They better have a girl and call her Victoria or I'll sue their asses."

I laughed. "I'm sure they will." I said. "Come on, the ceremony is about to start," I added.

I was surprised when Thomas and Ethan had told us they wanted a small church ceremony. I always expected them to have a weird themed alt wedding but they had proved me wrong. They had asked Vic and I to walk them the isle and Damiano to be the best man. 

They had their all life planned out. As a band, they were going to travel to other countries only in the summers. In other times, they were going to spend their time in Italy, our home. This would give them more time to raise their child. Everything was figured out. Their kid would travel with us in the summers but he/she was going to have a stable life, would go to school and do all the things a kid did in Italy, during winters. The band was going to do interviews and new music studies here in Italy.

Victoria moved uncomfortably in the red silk dress. Her belly was all grown now. Ethan and Thomas had waited for nine months because they wanted to be married before their baby was born but they wanted it to be in their wedding pictures as well. So this was the solution they had came up with.

We entered the simple decorated place. I saw both Ethan and Thomas were waiting for us. They were both wearing beige tuxedos which they looked amazing in. I let Ethan wrap his arm around mine. Thomas did the same to Victoria as well. We all walked towards the pope and Damiano who were waiting for us in the Altar. Damiano had insisted so much to wear a dress but the pope had refused. I couldn't see a male wearing a dress, especially in a gay wedding but rules are rules, pope had said. Fuck your rules, was Dami's response. He had worn a black suit unhappily. He hadn't hold back with his pearl earrings and necklace.

We reached the isle. I took a step near Damiano. "Are you avoiding me?" he whispered. I frowned. "No?" I said.

I was lying.

The ceremony started and they made their wows (w.n: I'm robbing you but I'm not gonna write their wows. Because I've never been to a christian wedding and I have no idea how does wows work)

Just as pope was declaring them husband and husband, we heard Vic's voice. 

"Oh my god!" she said. Pope looked at her and looked back at the small crowd. 

"Yes, Miss De Angelis, with the grace given to me by God,"

Vic interrupted him again. "JESUS!" she screamed. She looked like she couldn't stay still now.

"Yes, Miss De Angelis, like you said Jesus is an important part of our lives-" pope tried to stay calm but Victoria interrupted him again.

"FUCK JESUS. BABY IS COMING!" she yelled. Causing chaos in the whole room. Ethan and Thomas looked more panic than everyone else, naturally.

"He is coming?" Ethan asked with fear and excitement.

"She!" Thomas corrected her. They argued about the baby's gender a lot and they had decided not to learn about it until the birth time.

"No matter the gender it's killing the shit out of my womb." Victoria shouted.

We all run around not knowing what to do, finally realizing we had to take her to the hospital.

Luckily, someone had called the ambulance while we panicked. The ambulance made us arrive in the hospital and they quickly got Vic into labor. Ethan and Thomas went in with her as well. They were both in her each side, holding her hands.

It took a long time. She was screaming so much. The pain in her eyes were scaring me too much.

"I can't go through this." I whispered, looking over the glass which separated her room and ours. 

"You don't have to baby," Damiano replied, wrapping his arm around me. I looked at his eyes hesitantly.

"Well actually-" I said.

I witnessed the surprise and fight in his eyes. I bit my lips and inside of my cheeks with nervousness. 

"No you are not." he said unbelievingly.

"I think I am." I said. I wasn't thinking, actually. I was sure. 

"W-will you keep it-" I interrupted him. Now we were both looking at each other.

"I- ı know we aren't married or anything , I don't want us too.And we are too young. This wasn't really planned either but I-it happened and thinking about raising it with Thomas and Ethan s-sounds like a great idea. I I wouldn't want to distract you from your career but-"

I was literally shaking. I was shaking to a point where I was making his body holding mine shake as well. I was sure my heart beats were as loud as Victoria's screams.

My words got interrupted when he pressed his lips against mine. He pulled away and looked directly to my eyes. He was holding my wrists to prevent me from shaking.

"I would love to do this with you June." he said. I smiled at him brightly, he smiled at me brightly too.

There was too many things to discuss. There were too many things to figure out. This wasn't the future I had planned for us but I couldn't complain about it. It just felt right. Everything felt right when I was with him.

Everything good in our lives had happened so sudden, everything had happened with risks. I hadn't regretted any of them. Not when I said yes when he said "Sii il mia schaiva."

I knew I wasn't going to regret this either. We were together for 7 years now and I knew we were going to be together for ever. As long as he was in my life, I wouldn't mind a plus one.

Our eye contact broke when Thomas opened the door hurriedly. He was breathing heavily.

"It's a girl," he said smiling.

The End....