number 47: heaven

Last chill chapter before fucking chaos so enjoy while you can <3

*

The next morning we had to wake up early to help Ethan and Thomas with packing their stuff. They were going to leave the day after tomorrow. It wasn't for too long, only for 3 nights and 4 days but they always had to go extra with everything.

I left the room and Damiano came after me.

"No shit," Thomas said when he looked at us, "You look like you've been fighting all night." He was looking to all the bruises around my neck, collarbones and arms. Damiano's lip was kind of bruised because I had accidentally bit it too hard. I had felt bad afterwards but he had said it was worth it.

"Well," Damiano curled his lips to Thomas. Ethan was walking behind Thomas and he stopped when he saw us. Damiano was about to talk but Ethan closed Thomas's ears with his hands. "You don't want to hear the dirty details baby." he said to Thomas.

Damiano took me under his arm laughing and we all left the corridor together. Vic saw us too, "Are you two stupid?" she said. She kinda looked mad. "We have a media interview today."

"Shit," was Damiano's first response. Then he said, "Maybe if they ask about the bruises I could tell them I got into a fight?"

Victoria rolled her eyes at him, "Yeah as if it's a better public image than getting railed by your girlfriend."

"We can cover up with makeup, it's not like he is all covered in hickeys right?"

Damiano looked at me, he kinda was all covered purple spots. Wild night...

We managed to cover most of it by makeup and hoped that no one would ask questions about it.

*

The next day went by quickly. Sure there were theories about Damiano's bruises but it was nothing sensational so that was a relief.

It was time Thomas and Ethan left. They had decided to go with their own car, to take a road trip. They were going to go to Venice and it was a 6 hour ride. I couldn't believe that they had chose to ride there by car for such a short trip.

"The road is a part of the trip itself," Thomas had said and he looked pretty excited about it. We put their suitcases to the back of the car.  They gave us all a big hug.

"I feel bad for leaving you out. Promise we'll make it up to you," Ethan said. Damiano shrugged. He looked like he was sometimes uncomfortable with their relationship bu we all knew deep down he was their biggest shipper. "You can't take us everywhere. You won't take us to your honeymoon will ya?"

This looked like it triggered something in them. A happy something. I saw Ethan's hands shake. I couldn't understand if it was because the thought of marriage had  made him happy, or nervous. Either way, they got into the car and left.

*

Point of View of Ethan Torchio;

Thomas was the first one to drive so he was now in the driver's seat. I hated Damiano for bringing the honeymoon up. Why did he have to make me feel this nervous. I already was nervous.

I looked at Thomas. The sleeveless shirt he wore was showing his new tattoo. The drumsticks and guitar pick. I love how he looked so discouraged all the time but he actually was the bravest person I know. The respect I had for him for the night he kissed me was so much. The memories kept flooding to my head.

Somewhere in New York, a couple months ago:
"I like New York," the boy with the mullet had said, looking out of the window to the crowded city. He had this urge to do something for the longest time but he was too scared to fuck up. But looking at the long-haired boy sitting on the hotel bed, the urges were too strong to suppress. He moved his lips to reply him, "I love it too. But I love Rome more. It's our home."

You are my home, Thomas wanted to say but he kept his silence. He had this fight on his head. It wasn't like Ethan was leading him to anything. Ethan had always been close and affectionate with each of them. But Thomas wasn't like that. He thought too much. He cared too much.

He cared about him too much. Too much to be scared of  losing him.

"Ethan," he had whispered. Ethan got up after hearing his name and walked near the window, stood next to the scared boy.

Their bodies were so close. "Fuck it." Thomas told to himself. He couldn't wait anymore. He had to act up. He united their lips without a second thought. The kiss was better than he ever expected. He felt his body leave the earth. He felt his soul was bare naked , without a body to shelter.

Even though it was too great, he regretted it the second their lips touched. He knew he had fucked up. He knew Ethan had responded to his kiss but he knew it was just a reflex. It had to be a reflex because he had pulled away in less than a minute and walked away without looking back.

Thomas had felt worse then he ever had but Ethan was even worse than him. To get some fresh air he had went to the hotel terrace, only to see June there.

He let June talk about her problems a little bit. It was a great distraction from his own. When she offered sex, he saw this an opportunity. An opportunity to prove himself that he was attracted to someone other than him. The golden haired boy with charming eyes.

He hadn't expected those charming eyes to witness his sex with June. The disappointment in those charming eyes hurt Ethan in the way he never knew was possible.

*
"What are you thinking too deep?" I heard Thomas's voice. I looked at him,
"Us." I said honestly. I saw a spark in his eyes. All of this was too new to both of us. We had started to discover each other in a different way. But I knew one thing in certain that he was my best friend, my soulmate and the person I wanted to spend rest of my life with.

*
The next three days were the best days the boys had. It was like escaping reality and going deep down on the heaven. They didn't want to leave but they knew their heaven wasn't about the place. It was about their unity.

It was their last hours in Venice. They were eating a fancy dinner together. They had decided to dress up as "normal people" so Thomas was wearing a beige suit. Ethan was wearing a black one.

Ethan drank one sip of his champagne. He cleared his throat and took Thomas's attention. He started to talk nervously.

"Happy birthday Thomas Raggi. Happy birthday the most important person of my life.

I know we are young. But I know you since you were fifteen. Now you are 21. Growing up with you was the best thing happened to me. And now, my biggest dream is to grow old with you.

I don't have a ring, I'm not proposing but I want you to know, that I want us to be married someday. One day.

You were brave enough to tell me about your feelings and I want to be brave enough to talk about marriage.

I love you, and I know I want to spend rest of my life with you."

Thomas didn't say anything. He got up from his seat. He wrapped his arms around Ethan's neck and he whispered.

"I wish this was a proposal because I would've said yes."

*
*
NO THIS IS TOO MUCH I'm BAWLING MY EYES OUT