number 48: fight

my fellow babies, here I present you: chaos

also don't forget me to know who do you think is right in each fight (yeah sorry to inform you that there's more than one)

*

We welcomed Thomas and Ethan happily. Even though they were short long gone, their absence was still noticeable. During their trip, we had spent our time just as usual. The only change was the job I had applied to with the diploma I newly got. But other than that, everything was the same.

  We carried their suitcases home. They looked like they were in a rush. They said they needed to go somewhere without even sitting down first.

"What's with all the rush?" Damiano asked. Thomas and Ethan looked at each other to decide on if they were going to tell us what they had in mind or not. They hold each others hands and Thomas was the one to talk,

"We're going to buy ourselves engagement rings."

Damiano spitted the water he was drinking and started coughing. Were they fucking serious? Why was everything happening so fast. Too fast. I didn't want to buzzkill or anything. I was happy for them but I was also worried that they might've not possibly talked this through. Ethan looked at hour concerned faces.

"Chill. We are not getting married tomorrow. We just know we someday will and we want to make it official."

"It's like a promise ring but they don't have that as two boys so engagement rings it is." Thomas explained. It kinda was a relief. I looked at Damiano and I saw he was happy.

But as the most rational one among us Vic, talked back. "You are too young and you know that." she said. Neither Thomas or Ethan looked offended by her intimidating attitude. They knew her too well.

"Vic, it's not like we'll get married today. Getting fucking tattoos are permanent too, no one was against that." Ethan said, trying to convince her but he wasn't really successful.

"It's not the same thing," she said. Thomas kinda looked angry now, I saw Ethan hold his arm to calm him down.

"It is the same thing and you fucking know it. We're going to do this in every way so it's up to you to support it or not," 

He left the apartment after he said that. Ethan looked at Vic, "Don't mind him. We can talk once everyone is more calm." he said and left after Thomas. 

"I can't believe them. I fucking can't believe how stupid they are," Vic said, throwing her body to the armchair.

"It's not that big of a deal." I heard Damiano say. He was standing, his butt leaning on the kitchen table. He saw Victoria getting angrier so he explained himself.

"It's risky but we have all take risks before. It's not like they will marry the next day. They love each other and they want to make it official. I don't see any problem with that. Let them lie happy as they want." 

Vic looked angry. "I seriously can't believe how stupid you sound right now. It's fucking engagement rings. I can't believe how much you all underestimate it," she said and stormed out to go to her room. 

The silence between me and Damiano was awkward. He looked like he wanted me to say something but even I didn't know what I was thinking.

"You support them right?" he said. I nodded. I of course supported them. No matter what. At the end of the day, it was their life and I could only wish their happiness.

For half an hour so, no one showed up. We watched a movie with Damiano, curled up on the big couch. I felt like saying something but I also didn't want to bring it up. But I was concerned because of the way he acted today. What Ethan and Thomas were talking about was too strange to me. Too distant. Too far.