number 55: portugal

disclaimer: guys the plot and the countries have nothing to do with each other. I've never been to any of these countries in my life. I had a plot in my mind and I'm just placing it to different countries. 

Also we are down to last 5 chapters. Cannot believe it honestly.

Enjoy,

*

"It's not that bad." Alex commented without leaving his eyes from the iPad on him. "Some of the fans, most of them actually are pretty impressed with how you stood up for June."

That wasn't a relief for me at all. "I suck at my job. I'm supposed to be your publicist but I'm the one fucking up your public image."

I was the only one standing in the hotel room. Ethan, Thomas and Victoria were sitting on the bed. Damiano and Alex was on the couch.

"Don't be so harsh on yourself," Victoria said. "It's not your fault. And this situation wasn't about your publicist identity. It was your Damiano David's girlfriend identity."

I shrugged. I appreciated them not making me feel guilty but in truth, it kinda was my fault.

"Cuero Mio, pouoi calmarti ? This is not our first scandal and it will not be the last. Maybe it'll be good a thing. It's a good thing that your name is being heard."

I looked at him with a dull emotion in my eyes. "Yeah, my name being heard as a girl who got a job because she's in a relation ship with the lead singer is a pretty good advertisement. And besides that, I don't really care about me. Your career and your name is more important. After the whole drug and dog-story I don't want you to deal with hate because of me."

Damiano stood up, grabbed my wrist, lead me back to the couch and made me sit on his laps. 

"June, there will always, I mean always be people who hate. People might hate us, for the way we dress, for the way we act, for what we say and for what we support. But who would we be, if we change because of haters? How can we explain this to people who love us for what we stand for? Yes, we might make mistakes in the future. Everyone does. But for me, this wasn't a mistake. I wasn't rude to a paparazzi for no reason. I was rude because I was pissed. I was pissed because he talked shit about my girlfriend. Even if this makes people hate us, I wouldn't regret it. I would never regret defending you, no matter what the cost is."

I felt truly lucky to have him. Sometimes I felt like he was too much for me. That I wasn't returning his love back. I wasn't good at words as he was. I loved him truly but I wasn't good at expressing it as much as he was. I looked at his eyes. Hoping that he could see the amount of love I had.

"I love you," I said and kissed him. We didn't took it very far because everyone else was in the room too.

"And it really isn't as big of a deal as you think it is June," Alex said. "Really. Majority of the fans find it even cute. Don't worry about the rest. As Dami said, people will always hate."

I loved the bond they had with their fans. I only wished people didn't hate without questioning what was behind their actions, that's all. 

"Let's go out," Thomas offered. We had few more hours before their arrival to the concert stage. We could kill some time, enjoying the city. 

So we did. Alex had left us alone because he had work to do. Rest of us went to sightseeing. Vic was walking in between Ethan and Thomas and she was trying to settle down a stupid argument they had. I hold Damiano's hands when we were walking in a beautiful street.

"Damiano?" I called his name. I realized I was always calling him by his name whilst he always used cute nicknames.

"Si, Amore mio?" he looked at me, with a beautiful smile on his face.

"You know that I love you, right?" I said out of the blue. He smiled even wider now.

"Bien sur, ma chèrie" I laughed at his French accent which was pretty Italian. "Why?" he was now back to English.

"I'm not very good at words. I'm not very good at expressing my love either. It took me weeks to finally admit that I loved you. And ever since our little fight, I feel you are choosing your words carefully when talking to me. I don't want that for us. I'm comfortable with you and I want you to feel the same with me. I love you Damiano. I love you so much and I want you to know that."

He kissed me on my cheekbone. (w.n:remind what mr. torchio said in his book my loves. remind that pls) "June. I know you love me. Believe me, I can feel it. You make me feel lucky to be loved this much. I choose my words carefully around you because you are too important for me and I never want to hurt you. I'm comfortable with you of course. You are my home June. I'm comfortable with you more than I've ever been anywhere else."

I smiled at him gracefully and leaned my head to his shoulder. We walked like that till the end of the trip. We went directly to the stage they were going to perform after that. I sat down on the backstage as they were getting dressed. It took them a long time to get ready. As always their stage outfits were phenomenal. I left the backstage when they did. I wished them all good luck and find myself a place in the crowd.

The concert started short after. They sang their first song, Zitti E buoni. They received a good amount of clippings and whistles. Damiano coughed to the microphone, thanking them all.

"Thank you, Portugal." he shouted which cheered the crowd. "Thank you everyone for being here tonight with us. Before moving on I want to say a couple words. This is Maneskin. This is the group, which is supposed to make you feel accepted. That's what we aim. That's what we desire. And I want to thank all our fans who accept us as we are. Who accept us with all their hearts. Who accept our relationships. Neither of us like talking about our private lives.  But press seems to be interested in that. I would never explain this, if it weren't for her. Most of you probably heard about recent news about us, about me. That I was rude, that I was threatening the press members. I just want you to know that I love talking to people, we all love answering questions for interviews. But neither of us would accept anything bad, that are being said about people we care. I'm not going to apologize for something I'm not guilty of. I just wanted to explain the situation because if I didn't then someone I cared would blame herself. Don't forget to accept, to be accepted. The concert may go on."

*