number 53: netherlands

I feel emotional omg. I love them and seeing them in Rotterdam is just -

Also 60th chapter will be the finale so get yourselves ready

Enjoy,

Here we were. Rotterdam. In the city that changed the course of our lives for good. The city where they won, where they celebrated. Where we celebrated. 

It was just a little more than a year ago. I still remembered all the feelings I had back then. The excitement, the sweet feeling of victory. The fear which came by the unknown. 

We had spent the last month in different cities of the Netherlands and our last stop here was Rotterdam. We had came here by their tour bus. I stepped out and breathed in the air. A year ago, all we had when we first landed was excitement. I remember how nervous they were about the whole thing. It was the biggest deal of our lives. We had came back to the city everything had started in the first place.

It was the first time I had felt like I was a part of them. Now, I was in a relationship with one of them. Back then, I was scared of my future with them. Now, I was scared of a future without them.

Damiano came near me and held my hand as we were walking down the hotel.

"I had asked Alex to book the airbnb we stayed last year but turns out it was not possible."

I shrugged. Where we stayed didn't really matter. It was the city, who kept our memories. Not walls.

"We can make new memories at the hotel." I said. He took this in a dirty way, which was kind of understandable I guess. He smirked.

"Oh, if that's what you want-" he said. I smirked back. Ethan interrupted us. He pushed our hands apart and stood between Damiano and me. He took our arms and started to walk like that.

"Victoria and Thomas are talking about something and they don't let me in." he said, upset looking like a child. I kissed him on the cheek.

"It's okay you can stay with us."

He looked as if he wanted to clap his hands but it was impossible because both of his arms were occupied by wrapping our arms. We walked like that till we entered the hotel. Alex checked in for us. He had offered to book more than one room but we didn't want it. We had wanted to sleep at one room for old time's sake. To remind ourselves the improvement in our lives. Damiano and I could find a place to have sex in any condition anyway so it didn't matter.

I took my iPad -I was a businesswomen now which was funny- and started to check their social media accounts. Their arrival at Rotterdam after a year was a pretty huge deal and it had took a lot of attention from the fans. I looked at all of them.

"Let me take a picture of you for sharing in your story." I said. They obeyed and I took a picture of them. Their charismatic poses were looking cohesive with the golden themes walls of the hotel.

After sharing that Damiano looked at me and said, "Let's share a picture together." 

We had never done that. Yes, our photos were leaked to the media but we had never intentionally shared anything on their social medias. 

"Your fans?" I asked. He rolled his eyes.

"June, after that interview do you think they don't know?"

He was right. They knew. I knew they did. I shrugged, trying to be as careless as possible. I took a selfie of us while kissing his cheek and posted it as a post rather than a story. To be honest, I was interested in seeing all the comments.

"You should create a new account for yourself because believe me they will want to follow you," he said and after an hour or so, I realized he was right. People were actually positive about the post and good amount of people was asking for my account. It wasn't as bad as I was scared of but this newly gained attention was pretty new to me. 

*

After a few days, Vic and Thomas's secret discussions were revealed. It was that night all over again. Vic had arranged the terrace of the hotel that we had celebrated their win a year ago. She and Thomas had bought the same champagne. Even the food was the same. 

"A year ago, we celebrated our win at the Eurovision," she toasted. "Now, I want to celebrate our amazing success , the new relationships, and the bond we only make stronger day by day. This toast is for us, and This is Maneskin."

What Victoria said cheered us all up. I heard Thomas clap his hands. Ethan was whistling and Damiano shouted, "We love you mommy Maneskin!"

We spend the rest of the evening talking about our past. We didn't talk about future. Rotterdam was our beginning. It was a beginning back then and it is still a beginning now. Today, this evening was the beginning of our lives in a different way. It had shown us the amount of things that could change over the course of one year and that every thing we live was only the beginning of another thing. Only thing we could do to keep up with the beginnings was to stick to each other and never let what we had go.

*

My babies are growing up :/