Chapter 4: Jealous

The label was already signing them on to the tour, proving that no matter what, it didn't matter how I felt about anything. The guys seemed nice enough, but we didn't even know them. We have no idea how well they'd fit in. Just based on how they were when we first met, I felt like this whole experience would overwhelm them. This wasn't their usual scene. I turned to Sam. 

"So, you think you guys will be able to handle it?" I asked. He smirked.
"I think we'll be fine." I looked over at the others. They tried their best to seem just as confident. I peeked up to see Jake still standing, his arm propped up on the back of the booth behind me.
"What about you?" I asked. His cheeks flushed.
"Oh, um.. y-yeah!" He said. I couldn't help but smile. After all these years, people not knowing how to act around you got old pretty fast, but he was sweet.

"Are you sure?" I laughed to myself. His face got redder, but his smile grew.
"Yes I'm sure." He laughed, taking another sip.
"Amy, we're gonna have to keep this one's glass full to get him to lighten up." I said, gently touching his arm. I saw him look to my hand, then back to me. Amy came over, filling his glass again, and topping everyone else off.

"Come on! It's a celebration! New beginnings!" Tony yelled, raising his glass again. The guys cheered, raising their glasses, tapping them all around.
"So, where are we headed?" I asked, turning to Tony. He winked at me.
"Well, we gotta see how these guys can party." Sam and Josh looked at each other wide-eyed, high-fiving each other, then turning to Jake and Danny.

"Here.." I said, looking up at Jake. I scooted closer to Josh. "Why don't you sit? You've been standing the whole time." I pat the empty spot next to me on the bench. He hesitated.
"I.. it's okay." He said sweetly, shaking his head. "This is your bus, you should be comfortable." I laughed, rolling my eyes.
"Well, apparently it's our bus now." I said. He bit his lip, staring back at me. I smiled.
"It's okay, Jake.. really." I pat the spot next to me again. His smile grew as he sat down, sliding in close, his leg brushing up against mine. I could feel he was uncomfortable.

"Amy!" I called out. "He needs more!"
He laughed nervously, waving Amy off.
"Oh, no it's okay, thank you, Amy." She shook her head, filling his glass again.
"Sorry." She laughed, winking at me. "Juliette says you need to lighten up."

He sighed, watching her fill the glass and then turned to me, smirking.
"So this is how you have fun, huh?" He said softly. I giggled, leaning in.
"You need to relax. I'm helping you." I whispered into his ear. He nodded, holding his glass out to Amy again.

"There you go." I laughed, wrapping my arm around his shoulder. He blushed again, taking another big sip, and peeking over at me. I smiled. Maybe this tour would be fun.

Soon, we felt the bus stop.
"Finally!" Tony called out, making his way over to the door.
"Where are we going?" Jake asked, leaning in close to me. I turned to him.
"Knowing Tony, he probably found a club."
"A club?" He asked, half laughing, his eyes getting wide. I smiled back at him.
"What? Not your idea of a good time?" He shrugged, smirking.
"We're more.. 'bar' kinda guys." He said, holding his stare on me.

"Hey.." I said. I shrugged, placing my hand on his leg. "If you can't hang, let us know now, we can find someone else to-"
"No, we're fine." Josh cut off. "He's kidding. We go out all the time. He's fine." I looked over at Josh who was already flashing me a big smile.
"Great." I said.

Jake's P.O.V

Juliette instantly turned to Sam. She definitely favored him.

"So, you think you guys will be able to handle it?" She asked. Sam smirked.
"I think we'll be fine." He said. She looked around at the rest of us. I did my best to seem confident, but I knew she was looking right through me. My stomach dropped. Then, she looked up at me. I could feel her piercing eyes staring me down.