Chapter 21: About Last Night

Sam's P.O.V

"We'll talk about it in the morning." I said, holding her close, gently running my fingers through her hair. I eventually felt her grip loosen and her breaths become quieter and more consistent. She was finally asleep. 

I kept replaying it over and over in my head, but I couldn't help but wonder if that was just drunk Juliette talking or if that was really how she's felt this entire time. She cuddled closer to me, nuzzling her face into my chest. I moved my hands down, gently rubbing her back.

I guess I'd be sleeping in here tonight.

It wasn't long until the door opened, Amy sticking her head inside. Her eyes shot to me, and then looked down at Juliette. I gave her a subtle smile.
"Thank you." She mouthed to me. I nodded.
"What happened?" She whispered. I bit my lip, debating whether or not to mention what Juliette had told me. I decided that would be our business until I could talk to her tomorrow. I shook my head.

"She's okay." I whispered, gently rubbing her head. Amy nodded, looking back down at Juliette. Her face dropped.
"Tomorrow is gonna be hell." She said, her voice dropping. My stomach dropped. She was right. There had to be at least one video going around right now. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole world already knew about Juliette and Jake now. I'm glad she was asleep. She'd have enough to deal with in the morning.

"You want me to stay with her?" She asked. "You can get some sleep." I shook my head.
"No, it's okay. I'm gonna stay with her tonight." I said, looking down at her. She looked so peaceful. I gently pushed the hair out of her face, running my fingers down her cheek.
"Okay." She whispered, shutting the door behind her.

I sighed, now running my fingers up and down her back.

"You know, I only said what I said because.. I thought that's what you wanted. I do want to be with you. I whispered down to her. "You have no idea how badly I want to be with you, Juliette. I've never been happier than when I'm with you, and honestly.. I never thought you'd ever be interested in someone like me. So.. I really hope you still feel the same in the morning." 

I leaned down, gently kissing her forehead and lied down next to her, wrapping my arm around her stomach and pulling her close until I eventually drifted off to sleep.

Juliette's P.O.V

The next morning I was woken up to the sound of my phone buzzing nonstop. My head was pounding and I was still nauseous from the night before. What had happened? I sat up, looking around. I think this was my bus. I couldn't tell. I finally looked down at my phone.

My stomach dropped.

I had never seen so many missed texts and calls in my entire life. I scrolled down. It was endless.

12 missed calls and 46 texts from Don.
Don: who the fuck are you with right now??
Don: juliette you better answer me
Don: what is this video going around??? call me NOW
Don: who is this guy?? are you fucking some other guy?
Don: I swear to god juliette you better answer me or you're DONE

I kept scrolling down, and they kept getting worse. I tossed my phone across the bed, running my fingers through my hair. What video was he talking about? At this point I didn't even want to know. I could hear people talking and pacing outside my door. The last thing I wanted to do was face anyone today. 

Why couldn't I remember anything? I thought back. The last thing I could remember was sitting on the couch with Jake, being angry at Sam. I was starting to remember. Sam. He had insisted we remained friends. My stomach dropped.