Chapter 9: Say Something

My stomach dropped. I looked up at Sam who was now shaking out his fist. No one had ever defended me like that against Don before. Or at all, really.

Don quickly got up and started swinging. Josh and Jake jumped up, grabbing him by the arms and pulling him off of Sam, doing their best to hold him back.

"Where's security when you need them?" Tony said, running down the bus stairs. It wasn't long before two came running in and grabbed Don by the arms, yanking him back.
"Is he fucking kidding me?" Don shouted, spitting out what lingered of his bloody lip. "Do you know who I am?" 

Sam was now leaning against the counter, hand over his face, tilting his head back. He glared back over at Don, who was still struggling to get away from the guards.
"Just get him out." Tony said, waving the guards off. 
"You are finished!" He shouted as the guards pulled him down the steps. I felt my cheeks burn, unsure of who he was talking to at this point. Tony went down and locked the door behind them.

"Oh my god." I yelled, running over to Sam. I grabbed a rag from under the sink and went to hold it up to his face. He took it from me, pressing it against his nose.
"Are you okay?" He asked me, keeping his head tilted up. I sighed, staring up at him.
"Yeah.. I'm okay." I said quietly. I looked over at Tony who motioned towards the back room.
"Here.." I said, taking his hand and leading him back. I shut the door behind us. He plopped down on the bed, keeping his head tilted up towards the ceiling.

"What were you thinking?" I asked, climbing onto the bed, kneeling behind him. I took the rag and held it onto his face. He finally opened his eyes, looking back up at me.
"Is he always like this with you?" He asked. My cheeks burned. I bit down on my lip.

"I'm sorry." He sighed, closing his eyes again. I giggled to myself.
"Why are you sorry? That was great."
"Yeah?" He said, peeking back up at me with a smirk.
"He had it coming."

He laughed to himself, wincing.
"Don't move." I said, checking the rag. It was already pretty covered with blood. "He really got you good, huh?"
"I'm fine. Are you okay?" He asked again.
"I'm okay, Sam." He smiled back up at me. I could already see bruises starting to form under his eyes.

"You know, black eyes do look pretty cool." I laughed to myself. He laughed, wincing again.
"What did I say about moving?" I repositioned the rag.
"Sorry." He sighed, holding his stare.

"No one's ever done anything like that for me before." I said quietly, brushing his hair back. His cheeks got red. He shrugged. I leaned down, gently kissing his forehead.
"Thank you." I sighed. He bit down on his lip, holding in his smile.
"And.. what he said.. it's not true. About other guys and-" Sam shook his head.
"I know." He said sweetly.
"He just.. I don't know." I sighed.

"What he said about us wasn't true either." Sam finally said, taking the rag from my hand. He turned to look at me. "We're not just here to get with you." He smirked. I felt my heart beat faster.
"Oh.. g-good." I smirked. His smile grew as he stared back at me.

"Do you want me to get you anything?" I asked, breaking the silence.
"I'm okay." He sighed, shaking his head, holding his stare on me again. He moved his hand, gently placing it on my leg and I felt my whole body get warm. Then there was a knock at the door. 

He quickly pulled his hand away, holding the rag back up to his face.

"Hope I'm not interrupting anything." Tony said, sliding the door open. He quickly flashed me a wide-eyed smile, then looked to Sam.
"Thanks for doing that." He laughed, handing Sam a bag of ice. Sam laughed, putting it on his face.

"Oh, no. That's for your hand. You're gonna have to be able to play tomorrow. The tour just started." Sam nodded.
"I'm sorr-" Tony cut him off.
"Don't be sorry. It's been long overdue." I smirked up at Tony who gave me a subtle wink. "Just make sure you're okay for tomorrow. That's what's important. I'll leave you two alone." And he slid right back out the door, shutting it behind him.