prom dress

High school was just the fucking worst.

No, seriously. It was. At least for Chuuya. See, Nakahara Chuuya was an average person. He was just... There. There was absolutely nothing special about him. At least not in a good way. He had bright red hair and blue eyes, a terrible contrast to the mellow browns of everybody's else's eye and hair colours. Plus, he was shorter than the average height for males, and that just pissed him off further.

His 'exotic' appearance just made him feel out of place; like he stood out. Chuuya absolutely did not like standing out, damn it. He just wanted to be left alone. And usually, he was, much to great fortune. In his previous school, he was often bullied for lots of stupid things.

He was too short, too girl-like in appearance, too different. His hair was too red, his eyes were freakishly blue, and he swore worse than a fucking pirate. His grades were too average and he was too average at sports. He was in the martial arts club just because he was required to have a club, and because he'd learnt martial arts when he was younger.

It was all so stupid. What even is too average? There's no such thing?! But anyway, that was all in the past and it didn't matter. Besides, Chuuya liked being average. And he was in high school now. Which was the worst, like he thought constantly.

Chuuya didn't have many friends. He spoke to a small circle of people from his own grade, and fewer underclassmen, but that was just because his asshole of a best friend knew them. Chuuya reckoned that he must have done something really horrible in his past life to get stuck with such a shitty person as his 'best friend'. 

It sounded disgusting, but Dazai Osamu was his only friend. They had met when Chuuya had moved to Yokohama, in the house right across that bastard's. The asshole had come over as soon as he'd realised he had a new neighbour, saying something along the lines of "My mom sent cookies for you, but I ended up eating them all. Oops?"

Of course, Chuuya had beat the shit out of him. But not really. He had held back. He was trying to get a new start in this weird new city, after all. Plus, as he found out months later, Dazai's mom wasn't even around. He lived with his true asshole of a father who was never home anyway. Dazai said he was a doctor or something. Chuuya had never met him, despite living across his house for three years now. He decided that he didn't like the shitty doctor.

The point is, that bastard Dazai was his best friend. And Chuuya couldn't stand him on most days. There were, of course, several reasons for this.

Firstly, he was such an asshole! He constantly teased Chuuya about his height, calling him a chibi or a fairy. Then he made fun of Chuuya's hats, damn it!! And as if that wasn't enough, he had the nerve to call him his dog too! Dazai was truly an insufferable bastard.

Secondly, while Chuuya was the loner who didn't have any friends, Dazai was the most popular guy in the grade. Seriously, why?!! Chuuya would never understand. Sure, the trashcan faked being charming to other women, but were they seriously so blind that they couldn't see how much of a stinky mackerel he was?!

Plus, Dazai kept asking all the girls for a double suicide. Who does that?! And the girls seemed to be pleased at his offer? Chuuya genuinely wondered if they were all mentally okay. Besides, they all liked Dazai for his looks anyway.

Chuuya would never admit it out loud, but Dazai wasn't hard on the eyes. He was tall (curse that fish), had flowy brown hair, and his devious eyes were a soft shade of brown, He'd be really precious if he wasn't such a bastard, damn it!

And lastly, as much as it pained Chuuya to admit it to himself, he was in love with that shitty beanpole. Has been, for over two years now. But Chuuya prides himself on being self aware and he wasn't going to pretend to be in denial, okay!