roses for one

Day 1 of Soukoku Valentine's Week 2022

A/N: Now, I personally could not care less for Valentine's Week or Day or whatever the fuck people do. But I will take any excuse to write soukoku being disgusting and gross. Hence, welcome my soukoku valentine's week 2022 besties <3

-

Geniuses have a way of getting what they want, no matter the obstacles.

They were cunning and manipulative, vile to an extent, crafty to a fault. Hence, it made sense that the pages of history textbooks were littered with stories of geniuses using their mind to acquire what they wanted; some with evil intentions, and some with good (in a twisted way?) intentions.

Now, it was a fact that Dazai was a certified genius.

Hence, it would make sense that he used his incredible intellect to get what he want too, right? And what the genius wanted right now, was to annoy his partner into celebrating Valentine's Week with him. 

Like most conspires, Dazai could, too, kind of agree that Valentine's Day and by extension Valentine's Week was a concept popularized by chocolate and gift companies. Plus, businesses that sold flowers and teddy bears and other cute things which could be considered a part of top tier romance.

Well, that didn't matter. It was expected that the concept of this strange week was more of rare western culture, and Dazai particularly didn't care about the different days of the Valentine's week. But! 

But, it'd all be fun and rather worth it, even if it's just to rile up Chuuya. Hence, Dazai decided on the absolute necessity of getting his way, which basically meant getting his partner to celebrate this week with him.

First things first, today was the seventh of February. Which means that today happens to be Rose Day. That was easy enough. All Dazai had to do was go and throw a tantrum till Chuuya gave in and bought him roses.

Easy!

Presently, the genius trundled out of his bedroom and walked over to the kitchen, where his partner was making breakfast. The fragrance of fluffy scrambled eggs and fried bacon was sharp in the air, and for once, Dazai was actually hungry.

But that had to wait.

Sliding into his seat at the breakfast bar, Dazai demanded passively, "Chuuya~ Get me roses!"

Serving food into the other's plate, Chuuya raised his eyebrows, "Good morning to you too."

Dazai reached up his hand to pat his partner's bare head, "Good morning, Chibi! Now, get me roses!!"

It was hilarious how doubtful and suspicious Chuuya looked as he took his seat, "You don't even like flowers, oi. What's up with that?"

Dazai gasped dramatically, "No way! Don't tell me Chuuya doesn't know the importance of today?!"

"...What. It's not either of our birthdays, and it's definitely not our anniversary."

He then added in declaration, "I don't know what you're talking about. Today is just another normal day, no?"

Dazai gasped aloud again, more dramatic this time, "No?! I knew it. Chuuya is too much of a silly chibi to remember such important days. How could you, Chibi?"

Finally deciding that it was time to start eating, Chuuya asked in an exasperated voice, "Again, you're gonna have to tell me the fuck is going on."

Doing a tiny drumroll with closed fists, Dazai declared grandly, "It's obviously Rose Day today!"

Chuuya actually scoffed, controlling the urge to laugh, "The fuck is a Rose Day?"

"It's obviously a day to give roses to your partner."