plus four years

A/N: Sequel to 'minus four years' !!

The Armed Detective Agency were used to the concept of dealing with chaos.

Even on the days they didn't have any jobs or missions, they were still somehow faced with chaotic happenings. Usually, the cause of all this happened to be Dazai, one of the shitty employees. He didn't show up to work half the time, and when he did, it was purely to cause some random bullshit.

On other times, random ability users would show up with their pesky abilities. It wasn't difficult to deal with them or anything, but it was just so, so annoying. Plus, the Agency knew most of the ability users in their city, so it was extra annoying when a new one from some other place entirely showed up.

For example, consider one of the recent events involving a strange ability user. As they deduced later, her name was KJ Parker. Her ability allowed her to extract memories from any person and retain them herself. She was perfectly capable of stealing years worth of somebody's memories. Moreover, her assistant was an ability user as well; one versed in perfect disguises.

Between the two of them, it wasn't too difficult to sneak in somewhere and steal people's memories. A few weeks ago, the pair visited the Agency under the guise of client and stole four years worth of Dazai's memories. Parker's ability was truly annoying, to be able to work even on Dazai. 

That led to Dazai being wary of his new co-workers, considering he knew nothing about them. This was followed by Port Mafia's Nakahara Chuuya showing up, and mentally eighteen year old Dazai revealing that he was dating the mafia executive. Chuuya denied these claims, later mentioning that they were actually married.

The point is, the Agency members were clearly very used to chaos.

Today, mayhem came in the form of a feral gravity manipulator.

Now, the Agency members knew of Chuuya even before his marriage to Dazai was revealed. The executive was a good fighter, as expected of him, and he was rather smart as well. It was clear that he could keep up with Dazai constantly, which was a feat in itself. Other than that, they had never seen Chuuya act out of line, except when it came to him dealing with Dazai. To be fair, anybody would be ready to rip their hair out when dealing with that man; it was perfectly excusable.

They had never seen Chuuya act anything less than a professional mafioso; hence, it clearly came as a shock with the gravity manipulator showed up to their office out of nowhere. His teeth bared, his hands clawed, his eyes glaring at anybody who dared to step within a two meter radius of him; the best word to describe his present state was 'feral'.

The fact remained that the lazy bastard, Dazai, wasn't in the office. And without him there, Chuuya was rampaging; perhaps in an attempt to find the very person who wasn't there at the moment. Strangely enough, Chuuya seemed to be lucid. So, the whole rampage thing was most likely intentional.

Dazai was in the café located on the ground floor of the Agency building, when he got a phone call from his mentee. The weretiger sounded very distressed on the phone, muttering something about 'Chuuya-san acting strange', his words separated by shrieks in between. More importantly, Dazai heard Chuuya's voice in the background, and it definitely sounded weird.

Could it be...? It couldn't be Corruption, could it? But it didn't make sense for Chuuya to activate it in the Agency office, and even though he was a stupid slug, Chuuya didn't do things that didn't make sense. Deciding that Chuuya wasn't threatened, but to be on the safer side, Dazai was quick to rush to the Agency offices.

The sight that beheld him was certainly... Unusual, to say the least.

His co-workers were standing in the corners of the room, while his partner continued his rampage, upturning desks and checking behind curtains, as if he was trying to find someone. Upon Dazai's entrance tot he office, all eyes immediately went to him. All except Chuuya's, because he was still busy with his rampage.