we woke up and chose to traumatise our co-workers

For some reason, the Port Mafia and the Armed Detective Agency were fighting again.

Sure, officially, they were on a truce. And it's not like they were trying to kill each other or anything, right? But it was still weird. Everybody thought that the relationship between the two organisations was significantly getting better. But that was clearly not the case.

When asked about it, none of the Mafia or Agency members could exactly pinpoint the reason behind the small-scale war. It had probably just happened? One day, the two organisations were minding their own business and keeping to themselves, and the very next day they were hunting each other down on purpose to pick a fight.

For example, just in the past one week alone, there had been a knife duel between Yosano and Gin, and some other sort of fighting contest between Kenji and Tachihara. As usual, Akutagawa and Atsushi were yelling at each other, the former threatening to kill the newest Agency member.

It was definitely weird, but also not really. The mafia and Agency had been enemies originally, after all.

Currently, a few members from both organisations were gathered in a deserted hallway in one of few malls in Yokohama. That's right, a mall. As expected, the two groups were standing on opposite ends of the hallway, glaring daggers at each other. If looks could kill...

Anyway, from the Agency side, the President and Ranpo were the only ones who were absent because they'd refused to join in. Kunikida had refused too, at first, but then he realised that somebody needed to keep the Agency members in check. And of course, it had to be him. Other than that, Dazai wasn't there either; he hadn't shown up to work in the first place.

On the Port Mafia side, the gathered members were the Black Lizard duo (Hirotsu-san declared he was too old for this immature bullshit), along with Akutagawa and Higuchi. If the Agency members wondered why Executive Nakahara wasn't there, they didn't show it. But then of course, Nakahara Chuuya was an executive. He doesn't have time for such trivial matters.

The 'fight' started off with both groups yelling insults and threats at each other...? Seriously, what was the point of this again? Both the groups most likely found the whole situation pointless as well, but their pride prevented them from backing down, of course.

A few minutes into the whole thing, when Yosano and Higuchi were fighting each other in the middle of the hallway, the Agency's resident weretiger felt a hand on his shoulder. He jumped back violently, but only to be shushed by his newly-shown up mentor.

Dazai whispered, "Atsushi-kun, what's going on here?"

Atsushi looked at the fighting pair once before turning back to his mentor and shrugging helplessly, "Um, a fight. Multiple fights, actually."

Dazai nodded sagely, before making his way a bit forward and yelling out, "Ne Chuuya, I see you've finally shown up! How very true of you to show up late in such an important fight. As expect of a coward like you, Chibi!"

It was at that moment that the Mafia members realised that their executive was there too. They all turned to whisper about something, most likely their greetings to the executive. Higuchi and Yosano had stopped their fight too, declaring a time-out to assess the newcomers.

Chuuya scoffed as he stepped forward, "Shut up, bastard. You just showed up too."

Dazai gasped dramatically, pressing his hand to his heart, "What lies Chuuya tells! I've been here all along! Right, Atsushi-kun?"

Atsushi, who looked like he was cursing the day he was born again, muttered feebly, "Um, yes?"

Dazai nodded in satisfaction, "See, I told you."