the kissing booth

The members of the Armed Student Council were unexpectedly stumped.

On every regular day, they were quite competent as the official student council of Bungou Stray Dogs Academy. Disregarding their slightly unusual name, they functioned as a regular student council, working hard to ensure that the student body were doing okay at their school. Even if almost all the members of the council were eccentric in their own ways, they were all still respected by everyone around them.

They were student council members after all. It was natural that they'd be wise and efficient, wasn't it?

Which is exactly why it was kind of annoying that a group of such smart people were taking this long to figure out something as simple this. 

To back up a little bit, the Armed Student Council had just been informed of a cultural fest that was supposed to take place at their school. Unlike the usual cultural fairs, this one was supposed to be open even to students of other schools. Including their rival school. This obviously meant that this festival had to be way, way better than the rest.

There was no way they could just offer a mediocre cultural fest to students from all over Yokohama, could they? That simply would not do. After all, they did have their school's reputation and dignity to uphold, as best said by one of the math professors, named Kunikida-sensei.

Moreover, according to the school board, even the student council were required to put up a stall of their own at a festival. A stall. Of their own. At a culture festival!

It was pretty monumental, even if it didn't really sound like it, alright? For as long as they could remember, their job at any sort of event or festival was to oversee everything, to monitor the situations, maintain their budget, compile finance records and so on. The administrative work, as usual.

They weren't used to being on the front lines! 

To actually go out and build a stall, and to go as far as to running it on their own? Wasn't that really something that was ought to be done by the civilians?! Ahem, the regular student body. Especially the ones who participated in clubs. The student council members were too busy for the likes of joining clubs, really.

Hence, the dilemma they found themselves in right now. 

At four in the evening, after all classes had ended, the members of the Armed Student Council gathered at the infamous council room. Their mission was to finally decide on exactly what kind of stall they would be putting up; they had put it off for too long, after all. They really, really needed to decide on something quick and easy. 

Kenji, one of the regular members, suggested thoughtfully, "How about we run a brownie sale? That sounds pretty fun."

The head of the health committee, Yosano, shot that idea down immediately, "No can do. That will take too much effort."

"And funds." added Ranpo, the council president. A second later, he added, "Brownies do sound good, though."

Yosano rolled her eyes at him, "Go get some from the bakery. No need to sell it ourselves."

Before another 'friendly' argument could break out, Tanizaki took it upon himself to suggest another idea, "Well, what about a lemonade stand then?"

Yosano shot that down as well, "Squeezing lemons is a pain."

Tanizaki started, "I have a friend who's great at working with lemons."

Atsushi, a new recruit, joined in meekly, "Oh, Kajii-san? He is pretty good at-"

Yosano brushed it off with a wave of her hands, "Nope. Too much effort. We need something easy, people."

A collective sigh from every other member in the room. Their resident future doctor was incredibly difficult to please, as always. Ah, and she was so picky too! Really, what a pain. There was no way they would be able to make any decisions at this rate, would they? Honestly, it was so annoying.