sorry, nothing special!

A/N: THIS CONTAINS BSD MANGA CHAPTER 101 SPOILERS, STROMBRINGER SPOILERS

A mile or so below the surface of the earth, in the deepest basement of Meursault Prison, sat a man who donned the white uniform of a prisoner. Posture slack, and the air about him relaxed, one would not be able to tell that Dazai was probably approaching death at the speed of light.

Not even thirty minutes had properly passed since Gogol, that clown (quite literally), announced the rules of his little game, that really did stem for his mid-life crisis. He simply announced some made-up rules, and offered a bunch of cheat items to both contestants like some phony salesman before making his departure. Seriously, having an ability like that guy... Must be super handy.

After he left, a lot of things happened all at once. Dazai chose Sigma, one of of Dostoevsky's angels, as his 'cheat trick' or whatever. In retaliation, Fyodor brought out his old partner, and always rival, Chuuya in. Except Chuuya was a vampire now. With the pointy teeth and the mid-life crisis outfit, aka the clothes he used to wear when he was sixteen. Plus the hat, of course. Arahabaki forbid that Chuuya ever turn into a vampire without wearing his precious hat.

Fast forward to the beginning of the game, where both groups went their separate ways. Fyodor led Chuuya to the final room successfully; the one with the exit gate, which was locked by a code. But that's as far as his luck went, apparently. On the other side of the door, Dazai had more than one trick up his white sleeves.

Jeez, being acquainted with someone from the government sure was really useful in times like this. After having made some arrangements with Ango, using the whole 'controlling-his-heartbeat-to-spell-out-Morse-code' thing, Dazai had formulated a brilliant plan as usual. They had involved another ability user at the Prison, one who was capable of pausing time. A few negotiations, which guaranteed that ability user the reduction of her sentence; she was more than happy to stop time for just a little bit.

Of course, no abilities affected Dazai now, did they? 

He'd already gone ahead and played all his cards, whilst time was stopped for everyone else in the prison. Taking out a few armed guards who were still? It was as easy as knocking down pinballs. Really, couldn't be any easier. It was a good thing too, considering Dazai would definitely be in trouble if he had to actually fight against all those guards. See, it was Chuuya who always did the fighting, alright? He was the brawn, and Dazai brought the brains. It was pretty well known.

Unlike Dostoevsky, Dazai was perfectly able to open the door, and make it to the other side, just in time to see his foe and his old friend take their last breaths before they drowned. True of his nature, Dazai left quite a few choice taunts for his favourite foe. If Fyodor was razzed, he didn't really show it very well.

Ah, how boring.

But it was alright. Riling up Fyodor was nowhere as fun as saying his goodbyes to Chuuya, after all! After thinking so hard for seven whole years for ways to kill that shorty, Dazai was finally going to do it! He had been given this perfect chance, and he definitely wasn't going to waste it, damn it. As expected of him, he gave the most heartfelt speech for his former partner as even the top of that guy's hat slowly got swallowed by rising water.

Once that was done, he was quick to make his escape. The vacant basement seemed like the best place to go, so that's where he went. Somewhere along the way, he split ways from Sigma. But that was fine. He wasn't too bothered about it. He was sure he could find him again whenever necessary. No, that wasn't the issue was. The troublesome part was waiting for someone...

Ah.

Presently, his back pressed against a wall and trying to catch his breath (he should really exercise more, as best said by his partner), Dazai yelped as he got smacked in the arm very rudely, "Ouch! Hey, isn't this mean?!"