Chapter 4 - Angry mom

Sally

On getting my room,I saw my children sleeping , holding hands and looking as though they were saved from drowning or they were having nightmares ,besides only Nora cried in her sleep when having nightmares.

Iris was looking fine but Mia's neck was kind of red and swollen while Nora looked like she had been crying. I should wait till they woke up before asking them what happened and why Mia's neck was bruised.

After taking a quick shower , I went down to the kitchen to unpack the food I bought .From now on, I wouldn't care if Cisco was starving to death,he could take care of himself or his precious wife could do it for him.
If only things could go back to the way they were,i missed how Cisco and I cooked together with our children and all the happy moments we spent together. I was jolted back to reality when I heard Nora's voice.

"Mummy you're back,did you get ice cream for me?" She said excited.

I patted her head ."I'm sorry sweetie I totally forgot,but I brought something even better".

She pouted ."There's nothing better than strawberry ice cream ".

" ohh..there is,I bought fried rice,pancakes,African salad and sandwiches." I said with a wide smile on my face as I showed her the food.

Nora's eyes widened at the delicacies in front of her eyes. "Wow ,they are yummy but still not better than ice cream."

I laughed."Just get your sisters to come down."

I noticed the long face on Nora when I said those words and then I remembered Mia's swollen neck.

"What's wrong ?I asked."did you fight with your sisters or did you have a nightmare?".

"I slept in the afternoon so I don't think a bad dream in the afternoon is called a nightmare"

" So what is it called then".

" Maybe a aftemare, afternoonmare or daymare. I think daymare is the word."

I chuckled ." there are no words such as that. Tell me what this daymare is all about".

" I didn't have a night....daymare."

"Then why do you look as if you've been crying".

" I heard Mia scream and when I got to your room they were both crying,the sweet little girl that I am couldn't let them cry alone so I joined them". She flipped her hair.

"Why were they crying". I ignored her sassy gesture .

"I don't know ...maybe they fought"

"They fought ?..and Mia ended up with a red swollen neck.".

"You can ask them yourself I'm sure they will tell you". I marched into to my room to question my children on why they fought and ended up getting hurt .

" Iris are you awake?". she whispered touching her arm.

"I am now ". Iris said stretching and yawning .

"You must be very hungry". I went further to tap Mia

"Mia wake up it's time for dinner".

"Nmmmmg".

"Wake up sleepyhead ".

" Ngnmmmmg".