Chapter 34 - Betrayed

Pamela

      I rushed into my bedroom, shut the door and put down the curtains. My hand was trembling and my body was shaking as I stumbled into the bathroom. I looked around just to be extra sure I was alone in my room.
     I dialed a number so fast I could hardly see my fingers moving. I didn't understand what levi was doing with sally and I had only one person to explain that. It only meant that levi had been with them for a while and that wasn't good news. I silently prayed that cisco didn't find out anything or it would ruin me. I knew cisco didn't trust me anymore and he just bailed me out of prison because I kind of blackmailed him with freya's death.
   I had a hunch Steven was behind this , he knew every single thing about what I had done in the past and I had a feeling he was going to use it against me.
     The phone rang but there was no response.

I was losing my patience .

I dialed it several times but still no answer.

"Ughh!!.. Pick up you bastard !!'. I screamed out in frustration as I threw my phone to the floor.
    What if levi gave himself away or worse gave me away. Things where not going my way and I didn't like it.
I walked to and fro in the bathroom and clutch my hair tightly. What if Sally knew he was my son, or what if he told her his real identity. I didn't think that ; if sally knew then surely Cisco would also know because she would do anything to kick me out.
       I wanted to ask her but I didn't want to look suspicious. The only person I could ask was Cisco,If he knew anything then he would have questioned me immediately.

   I dashed out of the room with the speed of lightening. I didn't bother knocking and just barged in. Cisco was on his bed with his laptop on his lap.
    I cleared my throat and tried to look natural,he didn't even look up to see who it was. I'm guessing he already knew I was the one.

I went to the shelf and picked up a book causally flipping through.  " Who's that boy that talked back at you ". I asked trying to hide my shaking voice.

I heard him sigh. " Just a random kid Sally brought home".

From the tone of his voice it seemed like he really didn't know anything about Levi. I silently breathed out in relief. All that was left now was Sally .
" Where did she met him?,she couldn't just have brought a random kid here".

" Well she did ,She said she saw him wondering on the streets and took pity on him".  He said nonchalantly.

I scoffed. " I didn't know Sally had a habit of picking up homeless children ". I put down the book and went to sit on the bed beside him ." I'm not surprised though, why didn't she just take him to an orphanage".

"You can ask her that when you see her." He turned to look at me. His expression was sour. " I didn't bring you here to cause trouble,just lay low for now".

I smiled and shifted closer to him. " Don't worry I won't rat you out ".

He scoffed and shifted away from me attempting to get off the bed but I pulled him back down." Where do you think you're going ?".

" Do you think using Freya's death to blackmail me would make me keep you with me?. You are here because you have no where else to go ". He said. I could tell he wasn't happy about the fact that I had something to use against him."or have you forgotten that we were both involved ? ".

I chuckled." But darling,all the evidence points towards you ".

He clenched his fists ,if only looks could kill.
I placed my hands on his shoulders ." As long as I get my fair share then We're even. Just don't forget to share even the slightest detail with me like what you plan to do with those documents you stole from Sally."