Chapter 24 - Hallway romance

Sometime ago....

Liz arrived at the precinct all sweaty,she had rushed down there almost forgetting to dress properly. She wore a black jeans and a huge hoodie with white sneakers . She looked much younger in her attire .
She thought she was very late and that the interrogation had already begun. She was more than overjoyed when Sally told her the good news and so she was here to say her goodbyes to Pamela for the last time.
So strange,she hadn't even met her in person and here she was at the precinct to wish her best friend's enemy goodbye.
Of course ,the main reason she was here was to add a little fuel to the fire. She might not have been able to help Sally to deal with Pamela but she was here to make up for that.
In attempt to avoid been late ,she rushed inside to the counter where a policeman was busy scribbling away in a book. She told the man the reason she was here and he directed her to an office in the inner parts of the precinct .

She rushed in and just as she was about to opened the door ,a huge hand blocked her , grabbed her hand and started pulling her further away from the door.

She flared up . " What do you think you're doing ?" She demanded while trying to free herself from his grip .

"I'm sorry ma'am,but we only take one person at a time,you can come back later " . The voice came in deep and hoarse .

She finally raised her head to look at him.
He was tall ,very tall and pretty . She had never seen such whitish blonde hair before and those blue eyes,She thought she could drown in them.

He snapped his fingers at her after noticing how she was staring at him. It made him uncomfortable.

" Ohh.... I'm here with my friend and I'm pretty sure she's in there." She pointed at the door and tried to hide her embarrassment.
She could not believe that she hand been staring at him. Of course he was handsome,so very handsome,but she had seen lots of handsome men so this shouldn't sway her . "Let me go ....I need to be in there ." She finally managed to squeeze some words out of her mouth .

The man sighed . " I'm sorry but I'll have to escort you out . " He grabbed her hand again and dragged her towards the end of the hallway .

Liz finally snapped. This man was getting on her nerves . She jerked her hand away from him and forcefully took three steps back with her hands on her hips .

" Hey dude!... What's your name ?" She asked,her face devoid of any emotion .

The man was mute for a moment,he hadn't expected her to ask such question. He stared at her for a moment and almost laughed at her posture. She brought out her phone ,typed something really fast and kept it back in her pocket . She was daring - that he found interesting. He looked at her figure properly,she was fat or plump. She wasn't that fat though ,just a little chubby with extra flesh in certain areas of her body. Her hair was jet black and shoulder length.

" You can wait at the counter ...then I'll call for you when I'm done with your friend ."

She hissed . " You didn't answer my question ". She moved closer to him ,she was going to use another tactic since it seemed like pleading won't work. " I ....said , what's ...ya ..name ! " It sounded more like a command not a question.

The man flinched and took a step back . His heart skipped a beat ,he didn't know why but it just did . " Ma'am .... please leave ".

" I'll ask one last time. What is your name ?" This time she was so deadly close to him . She had to look up to look him in the eyes because of his towering height.