Chapter 70

As my feet settle on the ground, his eyes rake over me, and I nearly flush. I was only in the cargo pants I'd dawned this morning, the tattered shirt long since fallen off my shoulders. My body had changed, and with each passing day as a lycan reborn, I felt like I'd grown stronger. 

I was losing the softness I'd had, while I was not the trim and cut adonis before me, I was slimmer and more fit. The lines of my chest had carved themselves more clearly, my collar bone accentuated by muscle rather than ghostly under pale skin. "Hmm." It was an interesting sound, causing me to make a face as I cross my arms protectively over my chest. 

"What does that mean?" 

With a boyish grin, he smirks at my offense. Dimpling his cheek, flattering me with the appreciative head tilt. "I'm not sure, you are just... overwhelmingly attractive... to me right now. Don't get me wrong, resisting you at times has been an act of god's mercy, but-" Catching his lower lip in his teeth, he captures my hand to carefully and slowly spin me in a small circle. "I must say, I'm quite taken."

So proper. It wasn't often I was exposed for him in this way, not in broad daylight, not so consciously without being otherwise at risk of losing my life. "Taken, eh? Is that 'english' for you'd take me on this lawn if there wasn't a religious cult in that house?" 

Scoffing, he reaches to brush some of my hair out of my face, snagging a stray strand of hay or corn silk. "Darling, I would bury myself in you on their damned kitchen table if our children weren't in that house. Least you forget that while you were king, I enjoyed startling your servants out of their stupor with your sounds of pleasure." 

My cheeks darken as I gawk at him. It wasn't often he spoke to me so boldly, let alone so casually. "Well surely we couldn't ruin lunch... but I could convince Gary to take the boys out for a bit?"

Taking a step closer to me, his hand trails down my abdomen, the backs of his fingers brushing over my stomach as he releases my hand to trail his thumb over my lower lip. Cupping my face, he drinks me in with that icy gaze and I'm smitten for him all over again. "I do enjoy dessert before a meal on the rare occasion. Of course, you'd have to be bathed first... but you'd do for a plate, then I'd get to clean you off all over again." 

Bending, he skirts his nose over my cheekbone, and my lips part as I will him to kiss me. Disobedient as always, he hovers his lips over mine, I relish in the feeling of his stubble against my own. "You have no regard for people's water bills with all this bathing." I tease with an airy chuckle.

"Mmm, guess I'll just have to use my tongue for round two." 

Swallowing hard, I can only chuckle lightly as he grins against my lips. "Foul creature."

"Daddy, do I need a bath, too?" Darrius tugs on Verando's shorts, making me gasp and him sigh. Wide eyed, I meet my husband's gaze with an apologetic chuckle as he growls low in his throat only enough for me to hear. A frustrated noise, more than anything. 

"Bath, bath!" Xaiver manages, carefully managing the stairs. 

"Did I ever tell you I want like, ten kids?" I tell him with a giggle, enjoying the horrified look on his face.

Legardo scowls from the porch, "For the love of god, don't encourage him to keep reproducing. Also, as a lycan who can hear everything, can I verbally vomit and tell you both to get a room? Actually, don't? Just fornicate in the woods like the heathens you are?"

I could only imagine the look on Caspian's face, I hadn't necessarily thought about the aftermath of other lycan's hearing our conversation. Verando lifts Xaiver who immediately squirms out of his grasp. "Icky!" He squeals. I couldn't say I blamed him, the man was covered in dirt, grit and tree bark.